Revenge of the Sith Trailer

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Godly Paladin » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:30 am

That's what I'm talking about - Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul.

In other news, I watched TPM yesterday for obvious reasons, and I was shocked at just how bad it was...I had forgotten its full awfulness. The politically correct Naboo starfighter squad, the monotone Padme lines, the horrible puppet work with the Viceroy and his advisor, and the worst line in Star Wars history:

"This is tense!!!"

:bang:
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby Yojimbo » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:24 pm

No the worst line is "Are you an angel?" by far.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:34 pm

I finally got to see this trailer. My only real comment is that I'm happy that it appears there will be many different combatants instead of merely a few that fight a lot.
uc pseudonym

Postby Godly Paladin » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:59 pm

Yojimbo wrote:No the worst line is "Are you an angel?" by far.

Forgot about that one... But "this is tense" sticks in my brain more.
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby SManBeyond » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:19 am

Wow. I may perhaps be one of the few people who is still remaining skeptical about this movie even after seeing the trailer.

I think the fights look like they'll be great, but I think that like ATOC, this one will sink because of bad dialogue. Lucas describes this film as being "Titanic in space". However, movies like Titanic rely heavily on good, serious, meaningful dialogue, and no offense, but Lucas can't write such dialogue well. He's much better at writing slightly cornball lines like he did for Episodes 4, 5 and 6.

We'll see, though. I do know the plot of the movie, and if somehow the writing defies my expectations, then it'll be a good movie. Either that or if the action makes up for the whole thing.
"Love means to love that which is unlovable; or it is no virtue at all." G. K. Chesterton

Founder of S.T.R.A.W.B.E.R.R.Y. R.H.U.B.A.R.B. P.I.E.

[url=smanbeyond.blogspot.com]My Blog[/url]
SManBeyond

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:16 am

Regarding bad lines (pardon me if this is redundant, I haven't read this entire conversation), I never liked "It is obvious this battle will not be decided by our knowledge of the force..." though "Are you an angel?" was pretty bad.

SManBeyond wrote:Either that or if the action makes up for the whole thing.

That's my basic expectation.
uc pseudonym

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:41 am

I still stand by my earlier declaration, that any Yoda related action sequences are worth sitting through an endless torrent of lame dialogue for. Also, I remember hearing from a friend that someone other than Lucas wrote the dialogue for the original SW trilogy. Is this true?
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Godly Paladin » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:03 pm

Seems likely, considering the horrible dialogue in the prequels.
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby Lady Arianrod » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:20 pm

The movie looks amazing. Even though I was disappointed in Episodes I and II, this one looks promising. I especially liked Obi Wan's line...

"You were the chosen one!"
~Life is the art of drawing without an eraser~

Lady Arianrod, lover of nature and fire.

Hello there! I'm back after a long break! I started watching anime again in 2016. I still check the forum too!

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Lady Arianrod

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:35 pm

I still think he is the the chosen one and not Luke!

What I want to know is. Is General Grievious a sith or what?

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Yojimbo » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:10 pm

Wingzero22 wrote:I still think he is the the chosen one and not Luke!

What I want to know is. Is General Grievious a sith or what?

Wingzero22

That's because he is the chosen one.:P Luke was never called the chosen one. I mean Vader did "bring balance and order to the force" by wiping out almost every single Jedi.

General Grievious is the Droid army commander probably on Utapua where the Wookie/Republic battle will be. He seems to be a droid himself if you look in the pictures in the link I posted.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

Yojimbo

Postby Jeikobu » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:42 pm

Ack, I hate how you always need to register to a site to see anything. But I think I saw the trailer on a different site earlier anyway. Looks great, I am really looking forward to the movie. I think it will beat I and II hands down but it won't touch the original trilogy.
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:02 pm

Jeikobu wrote:Ack, I hate how you always need to register to a site to see anything. But I think I saw the trailer on a different site earlier anyway. Looks great, I am really looking forward to the movie. I think it will beat I and II hands down but it won't touch the original trilogy.

Don't click on the extra large trailer. It ask you to register for Hyperspace.

If you click on the large side trailer, it will work for you.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:37 pm

I am looking forward to that Yoda scene.

Lady Arianrod wrote:The movie looks amazing. Even though I was disappointed in Episodes I and II, this one looks promising. I especially liked Obi Wan's line...

"You were the chosen one!"

That could be decent, depending on the context. Context makes a huge difference.

You know, one of the appealing elements of the original trilogy was that you weren't completely familiar with the universe, or the relationship between characters (such as Anakin and Obi Wan). Yet this plot has (presumably) existed from the beginning. With the prequel trilogy in place, there isn't nearly as much to the original trilogy.
uc pseudonym

Postby Lady Arianrod » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:33 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:I am looking forward to that Yoda scene.

That could be decent, depending on the context. Context makes a huge difference.

You know, one of the appealing elements of the original trilogy was that you weren't completely familiar with the universe, or the relationship between characters (such as Anakin and Obi Wan). Yet this plot has (presumably) existed from the beginning. With the prequel trilogy in place, there isn't nearly as much to the original trilogy.

I also feel that the original Star Wars films are superior simply because they were something new.... a first look at the galaxy far, far away. Now we're expecting that same charming universe but we've been given sub-par dialogue and unbelievable relationships (Padme and Anakin, anyone?).

Hopefully, this movie will have a true heart... Not just a highly advanced chrome shell.
~Life is the art of drawing without an eraser~

Lady Arianrod, lover of nature and fire.

Hello there! I'm back after a long break! I started watching anime again in 2016. I still check the forum too!

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Lady Arianrod

Postby pyro_moogle » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:52 pm

When I say the trailer at the movie theatre my friend and I went nuts. the 6 bucks I paid was totatly worth it. My friends and I are camping out for the heck of it
[{ Waste of Paint }]
pyro_moogle

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:06 pm

Yojimbo wrote:That's because he is the chosen one.:P Luke was never called the chosen one. I mean Vader did "bring balance and order to the force" by wiping out almost every single Jedi.

Yeah, I know. But there are some people that think Luck is the chosen one and not Vader. But another thing to add about Vader bring balance to the force, he also took out Palpatine at the end and to me that was another part as bring balance to the force.

General Grievious is the Droid army commander probably on Utapua where the Wookie/Republic battle will be. He seems to be a droid himself if you look in the pictures in the link I posted.

Well, why I ask if he is a sith or not. If he is not, then why does he fight with lightsabers for?

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Jeikobu » Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:17 pm

Wingzero22 wrote:Don't click on the extra large trailer. It ask you to register for Hyperspace.

If you click on the large side trailer, it will work for you.

Wingzero22

Ah, I see now, arigatou.
Yeah, that's the same trailer I saw earlier on a different site, except this is in better quality.
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby Sesshoumaru » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:13 pm

Wingzero22 wrote:Yeah, I know. But there are some people that think Luck is the chosen one and not Vader. But another thing to add about Vader bring balance to the force, he also took out Palpatine at the end and to me that was another part as bring balance to the force.

Well, why I ask if he is a sith or not. If he is not, then why does he fight with lightsabers for?

Wingzero22

According to Clone Wars he is a fallen Kasheen warrior Dooku recruited. He hunts Jedis for fun then when they are defeated he collects there lightsabers. He IS part of the Sith but second to Dooku and Sidius.
Sesshoumaru

Postby blkmage » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:57 am

Grievous is not a Sith. Why?
1. I don't think he can use the Force, considering he's 95% machine.
2. There are only two Sith at a time.

Grievous is just the general of the CIS's droid armies. It's because of him that they get so far into the core to be able to attack Coruscant at the beginning of Episode III. Also, fighting with a lightsaber doesn't mean you're a Jedi or Sith. Remember that Han was able to turn on a lightsaber and cut the Tauntaun in ESB. All you really need is really good coordination, since the blade is apparently weightless and it's really hard to judge its position. I assume that because Grievous is mostly machine, he can do that.

Lucas has stated that Vader brings balance to the Force by getting rid of Palpatine.
blkmage

Postby Yojimbo » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:55 am

And also in the EU there are plenty of lightsaber wielding people that aren't Jedi or Sith.

Yojimbo

Postby gungrave » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:59 am

I have to see this man... simply the best, most likely.
You find that you have a weapon, an instrument that
will give you power over the wind and sea.
In one word, you can stop time. It is a weapon
so powerful that even God will bow
down to you and all his angels fall at your feet.
What would you do with it?

Adopted: Jack Bond
Adopted: Mega
Adopted By: Black Rose Misao
Adopted By: GrubbTheFragger

then I will be all over those games like white on a paper plate with a styrofoam cup filled with milk in the north pole during a snow storm ---iscryed4u which is my AIM screen name so, I said it XD
Felix wrote:And gungrave, XD I am sure you look quite the man-beast in a suit.

\m/ >,< \m/<-----if u listen to anti hip-hop music Aka metal or just hard rock put this in ur profile and represent

JonathOn !!El perro esta en fuego!!
C.R.A.P. leader
:thumb:
---GamerTag: HxS L3TH4L
gungrave

Previous

Return to General Entertainment