Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trailer

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Arnobius » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:54 am

spiritusvult wrote:My money says the current one won't match the one the BBC already put out. After all, Douglas was British and so was his style of humor. Besides, I think the BBC version was about six hours long, or something like that.

Won't take that bet. Yes, it was a sort of miniseries. I think it can be found on DVD. Better budget for the new one, but probably Americanized.

...and I'm suprised that they didn't call the 1st Harry Potter book "Harry Potter and the Magic Rock" ;)
Arnobius

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:31 pm

No, "Sorceror's Stone" was already Americanized. I wish they'd kept "Philosopher's Stone;" we aren't stupid.

shooraijin wrote:No, it's not in that one. Mostly Harmless was just weird. It seemed like a conscious attempt by Adams to tie up loose ends, and so it came off as contrived instead of entertaining.

I believe I read something from Douglas on the subject of that book. He felt that it (like most of his work) grew out of his life at the time, and that he was in fairly bad shape at that point. In this article he acknowledged that it had a very different tone than the others, but I don't think he wrote it just to tie up loose ends. Then again, my opinion is uninformed because I haven't read it.
uc pseudonym

Postby Arnobius » Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:38 pm

[quote="uc pseudonym"]No, "Sorceror's Stone" was already Americanized. I wish they'd kept "Philosopher's Stone]
I know. I said I was suprised that they didn't dumb it down further... Like DiC Sailor Moon level "doughnuts" and the like :sweat:
Arnobius

Previous

Return to General Entertainment