Alone In The Dark

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Alone In The Dark

Postby Stephen » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:50 pm

I just got back from seeing this with a friend of mine. I gotta say...very rarely am I sickend by a movie. This movie sucked. Plain and simple. But, no shocker considering Uwe Bowl directed it. He also made a crapfest with "House Of The Dead" It seems he is trying to kill everyones braincells with his movies. Right out of the gates of this movie I knew it was gonna be lame....no plot...lousy acting all around. Tara Reid was amazingly dim...with a very shoddy preformance by Christian Slater. I think what capped it with me..a scene were these craptastic CG things, are attacking a building...a few agent guys show up with guns...and theres like a bullet rave. The lights go out...the camera starts spinning....I half expected to see the Cheat start hurling glowsticks. Save your cash guys...its not even worth a rental. Go watch paint try...Uwe Bowl should be banned from making films...forever. I know I have learned my lesson...I won't be seeing any more of his films. *goes to bed feeling ripped off that he saw this movie* :rant:
Stephen

Postby Sync » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:26 pm

I find This website quite relevant :lol:

I normally dont feel proud about downloading movies, but since (as far as I can tell) Alone in the Dark isnt coming to Japan anytime soon... and since Uwe Boll is involved; I went ahead and got it. In short, I have not laughed so much while watching a movie, ever.
I'm going to either drop this on a DVD (once a better version shows up.. dont ask how that contradiciton of terms works) or use someone's laptop to output this on the lounge's large TV for a good laugh, I've been coerced into seeing some real bad movies here, and now it's time I get my revenge. Though I have a feeling one or two people will actually like it or not find one bit of it funny.
Sync

Postby shooraijin » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:20 am

Boy, that site gets right to the point, doesn't it?
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Fsiphskilm » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:16 am

Poor shatterhear
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby greyscale42 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:13 am

That movie inspired me..... to vomit blood.
greyscale42

Postby Rocketshipper » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:38 am

I thought it had SOME good things. I liked the opening fight scene with the bald guy. That bullet time through the block of ice was the best scene in the movie. I also liked the scene in the musuem with the beast thing. It made me think of that old movie "The Relic" as well as "Trilogy of Terror 2". Now I need to go and rent those movies again ^_^. There was also some stuff in that "bullet rave" scene that I liked, and the burrowing creatures in the sand pit looked cool. But other than that, the rest pretty much sucked. Dumb plot and a really stupid ending. Did it have any resemblance to the games at all?? I've never played them

One question: Am I the only one on earth that liked "House of the Dead"??
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby Stephen » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:25 am

Volt, even b-grade horror have redeeming points. Uwe Boll has no redeeming points. I just hope someday he realises he is a crappy director and checks himself into a mental ward.
Stephen

Postby bigsleepj » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:55 pm

Sad. I liked the original Alone in the Dark Trilogy, although I never played "The New Nightmare". When I say I liked the original games, I mean I LIVED for them!!!!!! I played them over and over and over and over and I can remember much of them. :) I even have "AITD3" on CD still but, doh, it doesn't work so well with Windows XP (but then again, what does?)

But even before I knew who Uwe Boll was I knew it was going to be bad because they're approaching these movies wrong by making them part action movies. In my oppinion you should keep the two apart, unless you're VERY GOOD which most of these directors are not. For years I've wished they'd make a movie based on the first "Alone in the Dark" game which was, of the original trilogy, the best. Looks like Wilde was right when he said "There are two great tragedies in life; not getting what you want and finally getting it." I bet that the CAA can make a better horror movie than these idiots who call themselves "professionals" these days. And we don't need woods with shaky cameras to get away with it...

Speaking of Uwe Boll, he's making more movies according to the Internet Movie Database. He seems to be on a one-man mission to ruin the concept of basing movies on games. RUNAWAY! RUNWAY!!

Bolled Over

Edit: WHAT THE HECK DOES HOLLYWOOD SEE IN HIM!!!! He's giving German Filmmakers a bad name.
bigsleepj

Postby SManBeyond » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:56 pm

I would like to point out that the Tomatometer gives this movie a "freshness" rating of a measly 1%. That's right: 99% of all critics who saw this movie hated it. Apparently they weren't wrong...
"Love means to love that which is unlovable; or it is no virtue at all." G. K. Chesterton

Founder of S.T.R.A.W.B.E.R.R.Y. R.H.U.B.A.R.B. P.I.E.

[url=smanbeyond.blogspot.com]My Blog[/url]
SManBeyond

Postby Nate » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:56 pm

Rocketshipper wrote:One question: Am I the only one on earth that liked "House of the Dead"??

Probably. :D

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Nightshade X » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:34 pm

Oh, crap... he's doing Bloodrayne... *huddles into a corner and weeps for all fans of the game*
Nightshade X

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:39 pm

First Alone Game was good but I haven't played the others. I could tell from the start that the movie wouldn't do justice to the games. It was just inevitable.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:08 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:First Alone Game was good but I haven't played the others. I could tell from the start that the movie wouldn't do justice to the games. It was just inevitable.

The first game was scary with great atmosphere. There second was more pulpy than scary - you go to an ancient mansion run by bootleggers who look a little green around the gills, only they turn out to be 300-year old pirates (of the Flying Dutchman of all things) who want to sacrifice a little girl (with whom you can play as well at stages in the game) to voodoo gods so that she can age in their stead. (Pirates of the Carribeanweren't the first immortal pirates). The game is quite extensive with lot of great puzzles, weapons and such to play with.

The third one had a great spooky atmosphere but lacked a comprehensive narrative. You only have part of an idea what goes on. You go to a ghost town searching for a lost Hollywood film-crew and find some zombies running the town. A lot of Spaghetti Western tributes but and great atmosphere but murky and ultimately silly. Still fun to play.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Fsiphskilm » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:18 pm

I'm trying t
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:22 pm

Volt wrote:I'm trying to collect those actually, I've got a HUGE library collection of Horror Video Games. Hopefully one day All us CAA member can meet up at my house (shatterheart will be the first to ring the bell probly :lol: ) and we can have a huge Survival-Horror-Marathon, Everyone'll bring a tv and there's TONS of room for many games to go on.

Have you collected "Alone in the Dark 3" yet? Or 2 for that matter?
bigsleepj

Postby Fsiphskilm » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:49 pm

nope, but i'm
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Street » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:08 pm

I sorta wish they'd just stop trying to make Video games into movies. Many would probably disagree with me but the only way I think a video game to movie could be done is if you followed the game exact.

Of course people then would complain that there was nothing to look forward to if you played and beaten the game.... But that's still better then the junk we are getting now right?
Street

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:27 am

No, i think
Fsiphskilm

Postby Ashley » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:19 pm

I dunno, I kinda like game/comic movies. Why? Cause I get a good story without having to actually PLAY/collect old comics for it. If they made FF dvds of just the cutscenes, I'd be first in line. :sweat:
Ashley

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:55 pm

[quote="As
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Sesshoumaru » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:05 am

Awww man seriously it was that horrible??. Man and the previews looked sooo promising and convincing. I don't know I still want to see it :(
Sesshoumaru

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:52 am

yes I too th
Fsiphskilm

Postby Sesshoumaru » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:53 am

He should burn for ruining House of The Dead
Sesshoumaru

Postby bigsleepj » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:14 pm

Volt wrote:Is now nothing but another "crappy" movie. Uwe Boll shall pay dearly.

Uwe Boll isn't a person, he's a metephysical manifestation of everything that is wrong with the Hollywood system. He has no talent so he gets one movie deal upon the other. And the studios would rather invest $12 million dollars in something like "Alone in the Dark" than $5 million in a movie like "Fargo", "Sideways" or even "The Lord of the Rings' when it was originally pitched (I suppose those who got it offered first are kicking themselves now like those who turned down Harry Potter and Stephen King for publication). They'd rather recycle old TV shows and movies instead of make something totally original or new for fear of losing money. As Orson Welles said, Hollywood is the only factory town with no laboratory for experimentation.
bigsleepj

Postby bbboy21 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:39 am

I'm curious but do you guys know that this is actually INFACT based from teh VIDEO GAMES!!!!!!!! If you know survival horrers games then you must know Alone of the Dark...when I first saw the preview of it Iwas wondering if it was ....well did some research and SURE ENOUGH it was based on that.....i just simply knew it was ending into disaster. WHY? Well first off they ddint have a FRIGIN HUGE MONSTER, it was more smaller yet scary monsters that seem to pop out of the shoadows and scare the living day out of you, you were in dark houses and stuff....not some GIANT ancient evil catacomb....I could go on but I think you guys get the idea.
:hug: You gotta love it ^.^
bbboy21

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:07 pm

House of the Dead was the worst movie I have ever seen. It made romantic comedies look appealing. Alone in the dark was almost that bad. Somparing Alone in the Dark to House of the Dead is like comparing syphilis to HIV. They are both awful, in the most awful ways.
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby shooraijin » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:12 pm

I think we can do without STD similes.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Crossdive » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:35 pm

Shatterheart wrote:I just got back from seeing this with a friend of mine. I gotta say...very rarely am I sickend by a movie. This movie sucked. Plain and simple. But, no shocker considering Uwe Bowl directed it. He also made a crapfest with "House Of The Dead" It seems he is trying to kill everyones braincells with his movies. Right out of the gates of this movie I knew it was gonna be lame....no plot...lousy acting all around. Tara Reid was amazingly dim...with a very shoddy preformance by Christian Slater. I think what capped it with me..a scene were these craptastic CG things, are attacking a building...a few agent guys show up with guns...and theres like a bullet rave. The lights go out...the camera starts spinning....I half expected to see the Cheat start hurling glowsticks. Save your cash guys...its not even worth a rental. Go watch paint try...Uwe Bowl should be banned from making films...forever. I know I have learned my lesson...I won't be seeing any more of his films. *goes to bed feeling ripped off that he saw this movie* :rant:

sorry to hear that... i wasn't planning on it really anyway, seeing the previews on tv it looked kinda cool, but than i read about it on netflix and two things really turned me off: 1. there was something in reviews or description for it that made me think it was religiously questionable, and 2. Stephen Dorf is in it, and let's just say that the one movie i've seen him in was one i have a bad enough history with to make me avoid him or whatever may remind me of that certain movie. so thanks for the heads up, sorry to hear it, i won't waste my time.
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Location: Where would you live if you were me? But seriously, Colorado. (Someday, I'll be in Nihon!)

Return to General Entertainment