Any runners here?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Spiritsword » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:21 pm

Yes, I run, but lately not as much as I should. Getting sick after CC races was a regular thing for me in high school.
Spiritsword

Postby Knuckles » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:04 pm

I used to run track and CC in high school :p
Knuckles

Postby VioletEyedCat » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:07 pm

olorc wrote:On the puking topic. I don't have asthema and I usually after my first race at every meet. I don't know why. Also if I run all out at practice I do too. O well I've learned to puke with a smile... :/ Don't know if that's cool or not, but.... whatever.

I think my coach personally believes that you've only run hard enough if you get sick afterwards- yay for weak stomachs! Yeah- getting sick makes me feel a lot better, so I usually laugh about it. My swim coach from way back when used to tell us that if we got sick during practice all over his shoes he'd give us a free pair of goggles and the rest of practice off. I only think it happened once.

:P Smiling's not my Thing :P
VioletEyedCat

Postby Mr. Rogers » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:38 pm

i run too. but just on my own. im starting up again when it finally gets warm out. when i left off, i could go 3 1/2 miles.
Mr. Rogers

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:29 am

I've enjoyed cross country in the past, but at this point it would absorb too much of my time to be practical. I bicycle when I can, but only for the sake of going places I actually need to be.

What I'm intrigued by is the racewalk. No school I have attended had the event, but I think that I might enjoy it. My general walking pace is roughly 4.5 mph, and I can do quite a bit faster if necessary.
uc pseudonym

Postby Cap'n Nick » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:00 am

I started running my senior year of college. My new church had a running club and it seemed like a great way to get to know people. It was good. We participated in local 5K races and took home quite a few trophies. 5K was the perfect distance for casual runners like us because it was doable but still challenging.

On my last race, I won my age bracket, but my brother ran over five minutes faster and he only got second in his. Those high school kids sure are faster than us twenty-somethings.
Cap'n Nick

Postby olorc » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:30 pm

VioletEyedCat wrote:I think my coach personally believes that you've only run hard enough if you get sick afterwards- yay for weak stomachs! Yeah- getting sick makes me feel a lot better, so I usually laugh about it. My swim coach from way back when used to tell us that if we got sick during practice all over his shoes he'd give us a free pair of goggles and the rest of practice off. I only think it happened once.

That's awesome!! If my track coach said that I would so be in the market to sell a lot of goggles (or whatever he'ld give us instead of googles :brow: )
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Previous

Return to General Entertainment