Anti Christian Propaganda movie

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Anti Christian Propaganda movie

Postby Kat Walker » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:46 pm

This is interesting, if nothing else:

http://www.thebeastmovie.com

No word on if it'll be a nationwide release, or just an intarweb rant-fest. Judging from the "we're just learning Abode AfterAffects" quality trailer...this'll be nothing to write home about. A poor man's Da Vinci Code.

Here's some gems from christianpost.com:

"The way you pull the teeth of a false argument is bring up the argument first and show that it's frivolous and fallacious," he said. "Of course it's frivolous. The original apostles wouldn't have gone to their death for Jesus if they didn't believe he was real."

"There is a small group of teenagers who will see ['The Beast'] who will be convinced it is the truth. … It will have an impact on a susceptible few."

:forehead:
Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity.

Colossians 3:14

~ my personal website ~
Kat Walker

Postby Arnobius » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:54 pm

Kat Walker wrote:This is interesting, if nothing else:

http://www.thebeastmovie.com

No word on if it'll be a nationwide release, or just an intarweb rant-fest. Judging from the "we're just learning Abode AfterAffects" quality trailer...this'll be nothing to write home about. A poor man's Da Vinci Code.

Here's some gems from christianpost.com:

"The way you pull the teeth of a false argument is bring up the argument first and show that it's frivolous and fallacious," he said. "Of course it's frivolous. The original apostles wouldn't have gone to their death for Jesus if they didn't believe he was real."

"There is a small group of teenagers who will see ['The Beast'] who will be convinced it is the truth. … It will have an impact on a susceptible few."

:forehead:

Well, they went out of their way to be obnoxious about it, but we've had these lies presented in every generation, and it looks like it's time again
Arnobius

Postby Joshua Christopher » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:09 pm

Ha, I could care less. Christianity is so heavily under attack because it is the one true 'religion'. This just means we're getting closer & closer until the end.

Sh..crap, look at The Passion. See the huge uproar over it supposedly being anti-semetic. (I don't want to talk about this movie, though).

If you make a movie against any religion, other than Christianity, you'll always get a huge uproar.

Now, let's get to work on that film that attacks evolution. ;)

(NOTE: I'm not trying to stir anything up, so let's not get into any debates here.)
Joshua Christopher

Postby Arnobius » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:13 pm

[quote="Impact Alberto"]Ha, I could care less. Christianity is so heavily under attack because it is the one true 'religion'. This just means we're getting closer & closer until the end.

Sh..crap, look at The Passion. See the huge uproar over it supposedly being anti-semetic. (I don't want to talk about this movie, though).

If you make a movie against any religion, other than Christianity, you'll always get a huge uproar.

Now, let's get to work on that film that attacks evolution. ]
That reminds me. I saw in the NY Times today for a re-release of The Passion that removes some of the violent content and tries to stress the love of Christ. I don't know if that's a good thing or is selling out. It's just a limited release I guess.
Arnobius

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:54 pm

Impact Alberto wrote:Ha, I could care less. Christianity is so heavily under attack because it is the one true 'religion'. This just means we're getting closer & closer until the end.
Although I say this with a postmillenialist orthodox preterist bias, I wouldn't be so hasty in assuming every major crisis is a premonition that we are living in the end times. Many have made that mistake, and have ended up wrong and fodder for books like The Day and the Hour http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0915815370/qid=1110429042/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/002-0998413-8823256?v=glance&s=books&n=507846 (evidently originally intended to be only an article, but the author found far too much data to pull that off).

Yes, it did alarm me that they acted this way merely for following the Gospel texts, with obvious implications, though the mainstream press never posed the question of whether by implication they were saying the Gospels are anti-semetic.

Or perhaps more accurately, Christian uproar is ignored, unless it makes the Christian community look foolish to enough people.
GhostontheNet

Postby The Doctor » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:23 pm

Sorry...I didn't read enough to comment and spoke out of ignorance.
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:17 am

As for the actual movie, I have relatively little to say. There isn't anything there I haven't seen before. Chances are this will end up like the worst of Christian media: they'll only convince those who were already convinced. Not terribly impressive scholarship...

GhostontheNet wrote:Although I say this with a postmillenialist orthodox preterist bias, I wouldn't be so hasty in assuming every major crisis is a premonition that we are living in the end times.

While in one sense I agree with you, I would also adopt a different definition of "living in the end times." By my reading of the Bible we are living in the end times... and have been so since the first century. I stand firmly against naming the day and the hour as well as other sensationalist efforts at the end times, but strictly speaking there have been signs of the end times since Nero. This distinction may be basically academic.
uc pseudonym

Postby daveedo » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:40 am

This movie seems pretty offensive to me.. And it looks like they are trying to push a theory that has no evidence just because they want to attack Christianity. But since it is relaly just here to cause controversy, people will probably see it because controversy sells..
daveedo

Postby Cap'n Nick » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:52 am

Is it just me or has "controversial" become a euphemism for "anti-Christian?"
Cap'n Nick

Postby Technomancer » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:22 am

It doesn't seem to be a very credible argument that they're making- most historians regardless of their religious convictions admit that Jesus existed even if they don't agree on the veracity of the Gospel account. Logically it would seem more than a little suspect to found a religion on a non-existant person, especially within a generation of his own life. That there should be no records of his existence are hardly surprising- another religious agitator in a troublesome province is hardly worth noting; miracle stories were a dime a donzen too. So were new cults at that time as well. It's not until Christianity becomes established as a religious force that there is any offical note of the matter.

As far as I know, the earliest surviving non-Christian sources were Roman (a letter from the emperor Tiberius, and a mention in Tacitus's account of Nero's rule).
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Kenchii » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:22 am

This movie really does look anti-christian, or at least directed by a 'lost-chritian'. Pretty stupid summary if you ask me.
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:16 am

>Directed by former fundamentalist Christian, Brian Flemming

Hmmm, looks like someone had one too many cups of coffee spil on him and he became bitter after having too many bad days, nyo!

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby termyt » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:23 am

Wingzero22 wrote:>Directed by former fundamentalist Christian, Brian Flemming

Hmmm, looks like someone had one too many cups of coffee spil on him and he came bitter after having too many bad days, nyo!

Wingzero22

Nice tie-in there, Winger.

This is just ridiculous banter, nothing to even really generate discussion about. This movie is not a threat to us. My guess is, if anything, they want to attract the attention of the Christian media to build up a firestorm of controversy, and thus, sell a few more tickets. Sort of a "Last Temptation" marketing scheme.

The best thing to do is simply ignore it.
termyt

Postby shooraijin » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:23 pm

That's exactly what I'll be doing. Negative publicity is still publicity.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Angel37 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:58 pm

It's sick. It's stupid. It's poorly defended. It's unhistoric. It has a really bad trailer. It's just another reminder that we're at war. Thus ends another day in the life of Christ's Child living in Satan's World. Thank you.
<3 Angel
Angel37

Postby Joshua Christopher » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:24 pm

I'll be interested to see if the facts are Moore-style skewed.

Kind of answered my own question.
Joshua Christopher

Postby Yojimbo » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:54 pm

Impact Alberto wrote:I'll be interested to see if the facts are Moore-style skewed.

Kind of answered my own question.

It will be without a doubt. These are the kinds of movies that like to call themselves documentaries.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:25 am

An official notice: please refrain from politically motivated commentary in this thread. The epitome of a bad response would be the Body of Christ becoming divided over something insignificant.

shooraijin wrote:That's exactly what I'll be doing. Negative publicity is still publicity.

Quite.
uc pseudonym

Postby Joshua Christopher » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:56 am

uc pseudonym wrote:An official notice: please refrain from politically motivated commentary in this thread. The epitome of a bad response would be the Body of Christ becoming divided over something insignificant.

I understand what you're saying, and shall abide by your rules, but I must also defend my statement. There's nothing political about it. That's like saying how Oliver Stone skewed facts in JFK is a political statement. And now, we shall never speak of this again.
Joshua Christopher

Postby Hitokiri » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:28 am

::rolls eyes::

Usual crap that people try to pull. It seems they are trying paint Christians as the "bad people" cause they are trying to supress the girl who is trying to find the truth

::rolls eyes again::
Hitokiri

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:41 am

uc pseudonym wrote:While in one sense I agree with you, I would also adopt a different definition of "living in the end times." By my reading of the Bible we are living in the end times... and have been so since the first century. I stand firmly against naming the day and the hour as well as other sensationalist efforts at the end times, but strictly speaking there have been signs of the end times since Nero. This distinction may be basically academic.
A curious redefinition in my opinion, though I will keep discussion of that out of this thread. Ah well, at least we aren't being accused of incest and baby eating like the early Christians were.
GhostontheNet

Return to General Entertainment