The Destruction of one of the Greatest Legacies of all time...

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby termyt » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:26 am

After going through all of the pages of this thread, I have only one thing to say...

Lighten Up People

Now, I am obviously taking the unpopular stance here, but I grew up on Looney Toons as well. Perhaps more then many of you since, when I was a child, there was nowhere near the variety to choose from that we have today. Some of the old tunes I loved, some I was not so fond of. All of the Looney Tunes (even the hateful Tweety) have a special place in my heart.

This new show can not threaten that just as the new Duck Dodgers show, which I consider to be a pale imitation of the original, does not lessen the original Daffy cartoons.

I'm not sure what's in store for the new look toons, but I am willing to give them a try. If I don't like them, then I will consider it a failed experiment and not watch it. I will still watch the classic toons, though, and my enjoyment of them will not be diminished in the least. Whether I like it or not, though, it will stand or fall on its own merits.

On the other hand, if I simply dismissed any attempt to change my impressions of a favorite genre, how would I have ever accepted anime in the first place? By immediately rejecting the new Loonatics, are we not guilty of the same behavior we lament when our family and friends dismiss anime with out even watching a single episode?
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:10 am

termyt wrote:On the other hand, if I simply dismissed any attempt to change my impressions of a favorite genre, how would I have ever accepted anime in the first place? By immediately rejecting the new Loonatics, are we not guilty of the same behavior we lament when our family and friends dismiss anime with out even watching a single episode?

Its the roaring, groaning unorginality of it all that maddens me. You're right, it may end up better than we expect it to be. But did the characters need updating in the first place? Why not create new characters?
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby termyt » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:26 am

bigsleepj wrote:Its the roaring, groaning unorginality of it all that maddens me. You're right, it may end up better than we expect it to be. But did the characters need updating in the first place? Why not create new characters?

That's a valid argument. I often wonder that as well. I probably would have still watched Bubblegum Crisis 2040 if it was called something else, but the re-used name sure helped it grab my attention.
termyt

Postby greyscale42 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:24 pm

*Hides shivering in a corner*
greyscale42

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:09 pm

I'm kinda neutral on the whole matter, it probably can't be much worse than Space Jam can it?
The character designs are pretty freaky though, they look kinda...generically demonic or something...:eyebrow:
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:21 pm

well, at least Space Jam was kinda funny.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Indigo_Eyes » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:14 pm

I think that it's sad and pointless. The originals are so much better. And renaming Taz Spaz?! Almost so stupid it's funny, but not quite.
" 'Tis strange-but true; for truth is always strange, stranger than fiction." ~Lord Byron

"When you see a fork in the road, take it." ~Yogi Berra
Indigo_Eyes

Previous

Return to General Entertainment