Ralph Bakshi?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby AsianBlossom » Sun May 25, 2008 7:33 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1229284) wrote:I think he just sounds jealous that Peter Jackson actually did a good job. XD

Heh. Shows you can have a blockbuster sans raunchiness. :D 'Sides, when you're working with a literary classic, best to not butcher it...keep it close to the original, and you'll keep the fans happy, and you can rest assured that you're (hopefully) doing the author's work justice. Don't wanna upset any authors from beyond the grave, now do we? o.o

Lol, j/k. But seriously, if it's a good work, do it justice; if you're adding anything, make sure it's relevant, like the additions in the Narnia movies. I mean, parody's another matter, as this guy may or may not have been trying to do (hasn't seen Bakshi's take and DOESN'T want to after hearing what has been said), but still...

Sorry for being grossly off-topic. Back to your regularly scheduled thread.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby NekoChan_C » Sun May 25, 2008 7:41 pm

EricTheFred (post: 1229385) wrote:Even though he hated Cool World, and the story wasn't the story he'd wanted to make, you get to see in this case what he could do with actual dollars in his pocket. I often wonder what Wizards or LoTR would have been like with the same kind of budget.

ooohhh... that is an awesome question... he has actually been tossing around doing a sequel to Wizards, but... with so many years gone by... can he recapture the magic of the original?

And who would they get to do Elinor's voice? Man, I loved that song... ::misty eyed nostalgia::
http://myspace.com/shura_no_hana
XBox Gamertag: NekoChan Cruz
PSN Gamer ID: Neko no Ichi
http://neko-chan-cruz.livejournal.com/
NekoChan_C

Previous

Return to General Entertainment