Adamson won't helm more Narnia

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon May 12, 2008 12:48 am

Andrew Adamson, director and co-writer of the upcoming sequel The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, told SCI FI Wire that the movie will be the last Narnia installment he directs. (The next is called The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and, like the previous installments, it is based on C.S. Lewis' series of books.)

"I recently said I don't do two of anything," Adamson told reporters during a press day in New York last week. "The last two films have been quite big and challenging. Since the first Shrek, I have overlapped films. It's been about 11 years of overlap, but it's only been four movies!"

Adamson also helmed the previous Narnia movie, subtitled The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, as well as Shrek 2.

"So I am taking a long break, actually, about a year off to develop things and do something quite different," Adamson said. "First I'm going to just do nothing for a little while. And then there are some things I have on the back burner that I will start writing and some longer term-things that I will probably start, too."

Adamson will remain a producer on the upcoming Narnia movies, including Voyage of the Dawn Treader, which begins shooting in October under new helmer Michael Apted. Adamson said that he assumes he will function more as a consultant, as he did on Shrek the Third, which he executive-produced.

"I am going to produce [Dawn Treader] with Mark [Johnson], but I don't know how much I will be on set," Adamson said. "I told Georgie [Henley, who plays Lucy Pevensie,] I will be there if she needs me at any point. But I think my job, so to speak, on the next ones--and what it was on the third Shrek--is to try and make sure we stay true to the overall tone and vision of the first films." The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian opens May 16. ---Tara Bennett

[font="Book Antiqua"]
[color="Red"]
Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Ashley » Mon May 12, 2008 9:43 am

Interesting. I will be highly surprised if they make anything after Dawn Treader.
Ashley

Postby bigsleepj » Mon May 12, 2008 9:50 am

Actually, Disney has stated that if the next two Narnia aren't doubly profitable or something like that then Dawn Trader would be the final one they'd produce.

Which is fine by me, considering that Dawn Treader is my favourite book. :grin:
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Ashley » Mon May 12, 2008 1:58 pm

Yeah, I doubted they would be putting out all 7 of them, and as such, I've been resigned that my favorite (The Horse and His Boy) would not be one of them. So I'm not particularly saddened.
Ashley

Postby Sheenar » Mon May 12, 2008 5:54 pm

The Horse and His Boy is one of my favorite Narnia books too. I hope they do make it, though--that would be awesome. If not, I'll just reread it (since I own the whole series...:grin: ).
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue May 13, 2008 1:48 am

Walden said that they plan to make all 7 as long as they continue to bring the money in. Andrew Adamson is only doing LWW, PC, and producing VotDT.
The Silver Chair is a high possibility also.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Scarecrow » Tue May 13, 2008 4:47 am

I'm kinda glad. I haven't seen PC yet (obviously) but I thought Adamson sucked with LWW. I thought the movie was decent but nothing like it could have been artistically. IMO, Adamsons Narnia sucked all the magic out. The only thing remotely interesting about this narnia was animals could talk. I think I've complained about this enough else where but I'm not sad to see him go :D He can stick with 3D animation, cause Shrek was great :D

And yea the Voyage of the Dawn Treader is my favorite book too :) I don't really care if they make more after that but it would be nice to see all of them done. The Last Battle is my second favorite and I wouldnt mind seeing the destruction of narnia on the big screen.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby creed4 » Sat May 17, 2008 11:16 am

I'd like to see all seven books made. I saw Prince Caspenian Yesterday and for an early showing half the theater was filled
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby bakura_fan » Sat May 17, 2008 3:18 pm

since I own the books(actually it's one giant book...but eh), but have never read it...I hope they do end up making them all, because I most likely won't ever read em. I only saw the old narnia movies growing up, so i know none of the stories past that...and I think I was probably too young to really understand the stories, because I think back and can't for the life of me understand what the heck was going on after LWW.
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby yukoxholic » Sat May 17, 2008 4:38 pm

I saw Prince Caspian today. The theater was packed and later showings were sold out. There was also two school buses full of Christian Youth Groups for the showing I went too. So, I am sure they made a lot of profit from this film. It stayed relatively true to the books, some things were changed but it wasn't enough for me to gripe about at all. :D It's sad Adamson isn't going to be a major part of the next films. The only thing that may be this movie productions downfall is unlike Harry Potter there aren't the same faces you see in every film which people grow familiar with and accustomed too. Though we'll have to wait and see if the introduction of the next child will reap the rewards of movie-goers wallets.

Also, The Horse And His Boy was one of my favorites in the series as well! ^__^ I don't know if I'll go to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader in theaters since it was my least favorite out of the entire series. That one may be a rental for me! :D I personally think they should've started with The Magician's Nephew because that book (IMHO) was awesome!
yukoxholic

Postby animewarrior » Sat May 17, 2008 7:08 pm

I just hope they stay nice and true to the series. I love the books and my favourites are #1: The Horse & His Boy #2:The Last Battle #3: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader ....and what is this talk about Susan's role changing? O.o THEY BETTER NOT MESS THAT UP!! *shakes fist at the mysterious THEY*
~ The fainter the heartbeat the stronger the soul~

*They're just an incomplete group of people wishing to be whole; and to that end, they're desperately searching for something.* - Namine (Kingdom Hearts 2)
animewarrior

Postby oro! » Sun May 18, 2008 6:46 pm

animewarrior (post: 1227097) wrote:I just hope they stay nice and true to the series. I love the books and my favourites are #1: The Horse & His Boy #2:The Last Battle #3: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader ....and what is this talk about Susan's role changing? O.o THEY BETTER NOT MESS THAT UP!! *shakes fist at the mysterious THEY*

Actually, it would be nice if she didn't get all "grown up," or whatever, in my opinion. Although, I do see the purpose for that in his sort-of-allegory. The whole "tasting truth, but falling away from it" thing.
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Amzi Live » Sun May 18, 2008 7:52 pm

animewarrior (post: 1227097) wrote:I just hope they stay nice and true to the series. I love the books and my favourites are #1: The Horse & His Boy #2:The Last Battle #3: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader ....and what is this talk about Susan's role changing? O.o THEY BETTER NOT MESS THAT UP!! *shakes fist at the mysterious THEY*

Susan's role changing?
Noooooooooo!
Anyway I hope the next directors does a better job than he does cause I'd liked the movies and all,but I've always thought that they could be better.
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Return to General Entertainment