The Old Sesame Street is Now Apparently Too Offensive for Today's Children

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby rocklobster » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:36 pm

Tenshi no Ai wrote:I learned how to say the alphabet in French from it, before I learned it in school^^

Well, ok, I watched it in the late 80s/early 90s, but still the same before "Sesame Park" came out (and didn't they think centering a show in an unfamiliar park is a suspicious place, where many children get picked up by shady people? At least on the street you have neighbors and friends you know! take THAT censorship! :P)

Anyone else watch Follow That Bird? I owned the VHS when I was little and used to love it. Probably not suitable for today's audience! Cookie Monster ate a WHOLE CAR! Kids might get the wrong impression there! Oh noes!

Not to mention what you do to cars in Street Fighter games.
*Runs out to try to do a Hadoken on an SUV.*
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:12 pm

It's one more way the far left is trying to run our lives. They mean well, really. They know what's best for us. If we'll all just listen and fall into line, then all the world's problems will be instantly solved.
and replaced with a smattering of new (and even bigger) ones.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:54 pm

Both the Far Left and Far Right mean well in their own way,but IMO we would be better without either.
mitsuki lover

Postby Danderson » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:58 pm

Today it's Seaseme Streets....Tomarrow it could be THE MUPPETS!!!....though technically the audience for those guys was stepped up from what it was back then.....

Wonder what these ppl would have to say about I Love Lucy and The Andy Griffith Show?....
Danderson

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:23 pm

ooooh so that's where the phrase "om nom nom nom" came from! I GET IT!

*coughs* annywaaayyy...
my dad told me about this last week and I was like WAH?! Seseme street?

and talking shovels and things are better for our kids, how?! (some kid show on Disney that I was watching with my 5 year old cousin the other day had talking tools)

My gosh... I loved seseme street! D: If i ever buy this (which I probably won't) I would totally let me non-existant children watch them!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby termyt » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:29 am

The thing about Looney Toons is, though, that they were not intended for children. They originally ran in theaters before, between, and after movies, which were mostly watched be adults. Kids didn't see them until they hit syndication on TV.

The thing I remember most about Sesame Street is it dealt with real issues. In the 70's, when I was growing up, America was not such a happy place. Vietnam tore the country in two and the economy was horrible. People were saying that the American economy had peaked and there was no where to go but down. There were lines for rationed gasoline that extended for miles in some places.

It's very different from what it's like today. Many of you have never lived in anything but a great economy and endless possibilities. If the worst thing you can remember about the economy is the “dot-com bubbleâ€
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:25 am

termyt wrote:The thing about Looney Toons is, though, that they were not intended for children. They originally ran in theaters before, between, and after movies, which were mostly watched be adults. Kids didn't see them until they hit syndication on TV.

I can see some Bugs Bunny sketches as that, where he plays 'damsel in distress' to try to hide from Elmer, and he goes to flip 'her' skirt up (saw an ep like that not too long ago). I guess back then it was considered cartoon violence for an older audience with all the mallets and whatnot and Acme bombs/anvils.
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby creed4 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:50 pm

I think they are getting completely out of hand with the politically correct crowd. Sesame Street was always for kids
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby beau99 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:02 pm

creed4 wrote:I think they are getting completely out of hand with the politically correct crowd. Sesame Street was always for kids

Yes, but the intended audience back then was much older.

There's nothing p.c. about this.
beau99

Postby Sanji07 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:37 pm

Tenshi no Ai wrote:At work today I noticed the Loony Toons boxsets say the same thing. A customer asked me about it, but I thought maybe she saw a copy of something actually adult oriented (like our Spawn boxset).

They're going too soft on kids nowadays. Oh noes Bugs Bunny involves guns and cross dressing :O Cartoons still involve that type of thing, for the most part. Heck, even Rattatoille with a G rating involves people getting slapped and even drunk! May be theatrical, but you can't even show that stuff in anime!

Funny. Shows where characters eat cookies and see imaginary creatures are discouraged nowadays; but movies where characters get slapped and drunk are not. What a pity. :(
[color="SeaGreen"]@)}[/color][color="black"]~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature
Servant of: Hypersocks-the leader of extrolling hyperness! ^-^
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too and are not scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Sanji07

Postby Monkey J. Luffy » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:54 pm

I'm suprised that Tom and Jerry didn't get banned awhile ago. That was more violent than any show i watch now.

Also what about the Count shouldn't he be banned because he sucks blood and lives in a dark creepy castle?
Monkey J. Luffy

Postby Sanji07 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:08 pm

Monkey J. Luffy wrote:I'm suprised that Tom and Jerry didn't get banned awhile ago. That was more violent than any show i watch now.

Also what about the Count shouldn't he be banned because he sucks blood and lives in a dark creepy castle?

Now that I think about it, I am surprised that Cartoon Network still airs Tom and Jerry. (I don't watch it much because poor Tom is always the villian XP)
[color="SeaGreen"]@)}[/color][color="black"]~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature
Servant of: Hypersocks-the leader of extrolling hyperness! ^-^
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too and are not scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Sanji07

Postby ilikegir33 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:03 pm

Tenshi no Ai wrote:At work today I noticed the Loony Toons boxsets say the same thing. They're going too soft on kids nowadays. Oh noes Bugs Bunny involves guns and cross dressing :O

Yeah, what the heck is that warning for? I also heard that some "Parents Television Council" decried Teen Titans, saying that it was extremely violent and dark. Oh well. Even Looney Toons has more violence. What next? Codename Kids Next Door is turning kids into authority-hating punks?
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby rocklobster » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:23 pm

Wonder what the PTC thinks of Naruto. It has cross-dressing in it too.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby silver_wolf454 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:50 pm

OoO They bashed Cookie monster!!!!! I Love Cookie monster!!!!!......but not Elmo.......Elmo's just to happy for me lolz. He all "Hi Kids!!!!!!!! I'm ELMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" O_O XD XD XD Ok I'm going away now......>.>
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"][color="Green"]Banner art by: Shao-Feng-Li[/color][/SIZE]

"I am but mad north-north west. When the wind is southerly....I know a hawk from a handsaw."- Hamlet, Shakespeare's Hamlet

[color="DarkOrchid"] "There's rosemary - that's for remembrance. And there is pansies - that's for thoughts." [/color] -Ophelia, Shakespeare's Hamlet
silver_wolf454

Postby Nate » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:35 pm

Monkey J. Luffy wrote:Also what about the Count shouldn't he be banned because he sucks blood and lives in a dark creepy castle?

Peter: Is the Count a vampire?

Brian: What's that?

Peter: Well he's got those big fangs. Have they ever shown him doin' somebody in and then feedin' on 'em?

Brian: You're, you're asking if they've ever done an episode of Sesame Street where the Count kills someone and then drinks their blood for sustenance?

Peter: Yeah.

Brian: No, they've never done that.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Kanerou » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:51 am

silver_wolf454 wrote:OoO They bashed Cookie monster!!!!! I Love Cookie monster!!!!!......but not Elmo.......Elmo's just to happy for me lolz. He all "Hi Kids!!!!!!!! I'm ELMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" O_O XD XD XD Ok I'm going away now......>.>

:brow:

"La la la la, la la la la, Elmo's world!
La la la la, la la la la, Elmo's world!
Elmo has an Uzi to convince you
It's Elmo's world!"

My mother's version of the song. Actually, though, it used to involve a nuclear blaster. Long story as to how we got there. *big grin*
"You've gotta speak about those things you don't currently see as though they already exist. Back in the beginning, God didn't look into space and say, 'Gee, it's dark.' He called light into existence."

Gotta Getta Gundam. ;)

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1218170) wrote:Also, I hope never to hear "Nate" and "prance" in the same sentence again . . .
Kanerou

Postby ilikegir33 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:24 pm

Kanerou wrote::brow:

"La la la la, la la la la, Elmo's world!
La la la la, la la la la, Elmo's world!
Elmo has an Uzi to convince you
It's Elmo's world!"

My mother's version of the song. Actually, though, it used to involve a nuclear blaster. Long story as to how we got there. *big grin*

LOL.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Previous

Return to General Entertainment