The Simpsons Movie

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby ADXC » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:21 pm

Yeah I didn't get any of that stuff. I heard the girls behind me laughing like their vocal boxes were going to come out. I just don't get that humor really. Its sorta like a joke that a christian should never want to get.(Get=meaning understanding why its so funny and such.) Oh my goodness what is this country coming to, aren't there any morals?Yeah I would just omit the bart scene and then watch it if its fine for you.
ADXC

Postby Phantasmagloria » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:46 am

personally, i thought the movie was really good. It may have some...odd humor in it, but some people need to learn to except it and just laugh. U cant be serious about everything. but this is just my opinion.
[font="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="4"]Four words to[color="Red"][font="Impact"] choke[/font][/color] on[/SIZE][/font][SIZE="5"] [color="SlateGray"]Look at me now[/color][/SIZE].
mathgrant wrote:auspines is banned because he can't spell Fatnasmalgiora's name correctly.

[color="DarkOrchid"][SIZE="4"]Dont let the skirt fool you
[color="SeaGreen"]fIeLd HoCkEy[/color][/SIZE][/color]
[SIZE="4"][color="MediumTurquoise"]We bust ours...so we can kick yours. BRING IT ON!:mutter:[/color][/SIZE]
[color="Magenta"](¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
.¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´

*If you love someone from afar copy this into your sig*[/color]

[SIZE="5"][font="Century Gothic"]Just because it's not alive doesn't mean it's [color="Red"]DeAd[/color].[/font] [/SIZE]

[color="Red"]Im riding on the...[/color]
|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|_____\
|__M[color="red"]C[/color]R [color="red"]F[/color]A[color="red"]N[/color] B[color="red"]U[/color]S_|_| __\
|_________________ |_| ____|
|_(@'@)____________|_|(@)__l
:dizzy:[color="DeepSkyBlue"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
Phantasmagloria

Postby ilikegir33 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:52 pm

animedude90 wrote:Yeah I didn't get any of that stuff. I heard the girls behind me laughing like their vocal boxes were going to come out. I just don't get that humor really. Its sorta like a joke that a christian should never want to get.(Get=meaning understanding why its so funny and such.) Oh my goodness what is this country coming to, aren't there any morals?Yeah I would just omit the bart scene and then watch it if its fine for you.

I liked the movie, but it was pretty shocking with Bart. But I liked the parts when [spoiler=something funny]you see Arnold Schwarzzenegger as the president. "I was elected to LEAD, not to read!".[/spoiler]
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby ADXC » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:55 pm

Yeah, I liked the movie alot. It was just that part that I didn't like.
ADXC

Postby ilikegir33 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:39 pm

I also thought that the part when [spoiler=another thing that Bart did]Bart drank a minibottle of whiskey[/spoiler] was pretty shocking as well. But some of the parts were still funny, like [spoiler=the beginning]when Green Day made an appearance, did a cover of the Simpsons theme and then died because of the toxic lake[/spoiler] and the title of Lisa's presentation (An Irritating Truth).
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby Tommy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:51 pm

Phantasmagloria wrote:personally, i thought the movie was really good. It may have some...odd humor in it, but some people need to learn to except it and just laugh. U cant be serious about everything. but this is just my opinion.

Are you basically saying if people don't find something funny but rather vulgar they should laugh anyways or try to accept it as humor?

Does this mean that a very small amount of our cultures cares if they sneak stuff into movies?

I wish we were back in the Dick Van Dyke days.
Married couples slept in separate beds in shows like that because they didn't want sexual themes implied.

Now we have movies like "Knocked Up!" that have plots that center around premarital sex and one night stands.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm not Mr. Clean. I watch Family Guy and shows of the sort. I have my guilty pleasures.

I'm just getting sick of society slowly sneaking more and more things into movies just making it slowly and progressively get worse.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby ADXC » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:29 pm

@ Tom Dincht- Right on, tom!

@ ilikegir33-
[SPOILER]Also about the Green Day part. While they are sinking into the lake, did you notice anything familiar? What Im refering to is that Green Day was playing as they sunk into the lake. This also happend on the Titanic. The musicians kept on playing until the ship sunk. They were pretty bold for doing that don't you think?[/SPOILER]
ADXC

Postby Kaligraphic » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:51 pm

Yes, for whatever reason, I went and saw this movie. What Homer said at the beginning was true, I'll own it, but I saw it nonetheless.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:42 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:I wish we were back in the Dick Van Dyke days.
Married couples slept in separate beds in shows like that because they didn't want sexual themes implied.

I realize this was an off-hand comment so I won't make too much of it, but I disagree. What we need are movies that portray sexuality in a normal sense. There's something equally terribly about that sparkling-clean era that has in a way led to the excesses of this one.

You can say that scene was crude and you would probably be correct. It's also fair to lament that our culture likes such things. However, it really isn't the biggest problem in entertainment, nor even representative of it. I have a much bigger problem with, say, the attitude that relationships are vicious competitions than I do with a bit of cartoon nudity.
uc pseudonym

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:35 pm

Now I'm curious, what exactly happened in this Bart scene everyone's talking about? Only thing I saw was during the trailer he was embarrassed by getting flung into the window butt naked.
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby ilikegir33 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:14 pm

If you want to learn about the scene in detail PM me.
ilikegir33

Postby ilikegir33 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:38 am

ilikegir33 wrote:If you want to learn about the scene in detail PM me.

I think I can post it here. [spoiler=Bart's scene]Well, Homer dares Bart to skateboard nude. He doesn't do it at first, so Homer calls Bart a "chicken for life" and says stuff until he sees Bart in the nude on a skateboard. So Bart's skateboarding nude, everything's covered up, but everyone he passes byy is in shock except Ralph Wiggum. He says "I like men now". Then he's passing by everything, it's covered up, until one moment where everything is covered up...except for his little, undetailed...I can't say it.[/spoiler]
ilikegir33

Postby Nate » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:27 am

"Don't look where I'm pointing!"

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:02 pm

Hm that does sound different, but nothing worse than kid shows like Dragonball.

Tenshi no Ai

Postby Tommy » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:34 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:I realize this was an off-hand comment so I won't make too much of it, but I disagree. What we need are movies that portray sexuality in a normal sense. There's something equally terribly about that sparkling-clean era that has in a way led to the excesses of this one.

Okay, I can see where you're coming from.

What I truly meant is that I prefer squeaky clean to the way movies are today where they completely mistreat the concept of "God's gift between a man and a woman in the confines of marriage".

We need movies that portray it in a good light, but I'm not seeing any of those movies around these days.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby ADXC » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:18 pm

@ Tenshi no Ai- Hey now don't be talking bad about Dragonball. Those shows were cool. And I am talking about all three shows of the series, although the DragonBall Gt didn't really live up to Dragonball or DBZ. But this really isn't the place to be talking about this. And Dragonball isn't necessarily a kids show. More like older kids anime. But don't be talking bad about it.

Sorry everybody for getting off topic, so continue then.
ADXC

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:32 pm

animedude90 wrote:@ Tenshi no Ai- Hey now don't be talking bad about Dragonball. Those shows were cool. And I am talking about all three shows of the series, although the DragonBall Gt didn't really live up to Dragonball or DBZ. But this really isn't the place to be talking about this. And Dragonball isn't necessarily a kids show. More like older kids anime. But don't be talking bad about it.

Sorry everybody for getting off topic, so continue then.

I guess you didn't understand what I meant, nor seen Dragonball uncut before... I was not bashing it, I was merely relating the Bart scene to Dragonball, since in the uncut version Goku was shown naked on several occasions, especially in the first episode (in a comical way, as well), because I've watched it before. And yeah, I do believe that the target for the first season in Japan is targeted at kids, whereas Simpsons is a little different. More acceptable there for things like that, although Goku is only like, what 5 in it?

So there you have it...

Tenshi no Ai

Postby ilikegir33 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:32 am

Nate wrote:"Don't look where I'm pointing!"

And of course, the french fry.
ilikegir33

Postby Phantasmagloria » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:10 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:Are you basically saying if people don't find something funny but rather vulgar they should laugh anyways or try to accept it as humor?

Does this mean that a very small amount of our cultures cares if they sneak stuff into movies?

I wish we were back in the Dick Van Dyke days.

Now we have movies like "Knocked Up!" that have plots that center around premarital sex and one night stands.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm not Mr. Clean. I watch Family Guy and shows of the sort. I have my guilty pleasures.

I'm just getting sick of society slowly sneaking more and more things into movies just making it slowly and progressively get worse.

well you do have a good point. Society HAS put some nasty stuff into the movies that people watch. But what i mean is you cant make a big deal out of everything. Its just a movie. They come. They go. People get over them. Of course i dont agree with all the movies out there but some of them arent as bad as people describe them as. You may not agree with this at all but thats your opinion. you have yours and i have mine. you cant change what people watch at the movies. And if they like it, good for them. Even if you strongly disagree with things there will always be some people that think differently than you. Everyone has different tastes in music, movies, and books (good or bad) And naturally, you see your side as the "good" side and people who disagree are the "bad" side. Everyone does. People should look at both sides before they strongly judge something. And after youve looked at the pros and cons and you still stick to your opinion, then thats great. at least you opened your mind to see the whole situation.
[font="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="4"]Four words to[color="Red"][font="Impact"] choke[/font][/color] on[/SIZE][/font][SIZE="5"] [color="SlateGray"]Look at me now[/color][/SIZE].
mathgrant wrote:auspines is banned because he can't spell Fatnasmalgiora's name correctly.

[color="DarkOrchid"][SIZE="4"]Dont let the skirt fool you
[color="SeaGreen"]fIeLd HoCkEy[/color][/SIZE][/color]
[SIZE="4"][color="MediumTurquoise"]We bust ours...so we can kick yours. BRING IT ON!:mutter:[/color][/SIZE]
[color="Magenta"](¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
.¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´

*If you love someone from afar copy this into your sig*[/color]

[SIZE="5"][font="Century Gothic"]Just because it's not alive doesn't mean it's [color="Red"]DeAd[/color].[/font] [/SIZE]

[color="Red"]Im riding on the...[/color]
|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|_____\
|__M[color="red"]C[/color]R [color="red"]F[/color]A[color="red"]N[/color] B[color="red"]U[/color]S_|_| __\
|_________________ |_| ____|
|_(@'@)____________|_|(@)__l
:dizzy:[color="DeepSkyBlue"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
Phantasmagloria

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:56 pm

What's funny about all the hubbub over the one scene with bart, is that little kids regularly show up with the same amount of detail in anime, even on cartoon network (if I remember correctly, shin chan has had incedents like this before) and regularly in manga and anime.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:57 pm

I think it is more objectionable because of how emphasized it is. They were playing the scene for shock value.

ilikegir33 wrote:And of course, the french fry.

Personally I didn't have a problem with the utterly ridiculous methods of obscuring Bart, Saymour's mother being the best. But with that setup I should have seen the culmination coming long before it happened.
uc pseudonym

Postby ilikegir33 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:56 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:I think it is more objectionable because of how emphasized it is. They were playing the scene for shock value.

(kinda off topic) True, but Shin Chan was originally for the purpose of shock value to adults who would get the joke of the whole show.
ilikegir33

Previous

Return to General Entertainment