What movie is this?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

What movie is this?

Postby harina » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:55 am

I saw this movie like 10 years ago, and all the time I have been thinking of what it was...

The plot goes like this:

There is a queen (or dutchess, something like that) who has a teenager daughter (a princess). She sends her daughter for a trip, but before she leaves, the queen asks her to prick the queen's finger so that the queen can get three blood drops on a white napkin. She explains that the blood drops are three wishes, that the daughter can use on the trip when she needs help. A servant comes with the daughter when she leaves. They also have a white horse with them.

Some time after their departure, the servant asks the princess if they can play this little game: they switch sides. The princess takes the servant's clothes and vice versa, because the servant wants to be a princess for a while.

When they approach the place of destination, the 'game' is still going on, although the princess wants to stop it. The servant does something really nasty using one of their wishes: she makes the princess mute (if I remember correctly). So, in their place of destination (some kind of a village) everyone treats the servant as a princess. The village men kill the princess' white horse and put his head on the top of a saloon as a decoration.

I can't remember the details clearly, but somehow the princess gets the problem solved (I think there was an external character who came to save the situation, a prince maybe, I dunno) and releases the horse by using the last wish.

So, if anyone knows anything about this movie, please tell me. It was a color film and really fairy tale like.
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. [Hebr. 11:1]
harina

Postby K. Ayato » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:35 am

Storywise, what you just described is the Grimm's Brothers tale of The Goose Girl.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby harina » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:58 am

K. Ayato wrote:Storywise, what you just described is the Grimm's Brothers tale of The Goose Girl.

Oh, thank you so much!!! *gives K. Ayato a thousand cookies*
Now I'm only wondering which was the version that I saw.. According to Imdb, there have been made at least 4 movies based on the fairytale... -.-'
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. [Hebr. 11:1]
harina

Return to General Entertainment