College Football 06!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Peanut » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:31 pm

[quote="Kawaiikneko"]No, it just goes to show the Gators had more incentive to win the game, we lost a great player in the first few minutes, the refs SUCKED, and we played terrible past the first 5 minutes. Had OSU been playing real football it may have turned out differently. =__=]

Wait...refs sucking...where have I heard that before...*thinks back to Post Super Bowl XL...* Anyway, yeah...Ohio State let us all down, but I'm not really all that suprised. Troy Smith won the heisman and historically, winning the heisman doesn't translate into winning a national title...unless your Matt Leinart...Also, the thing I find interesting is that Florida was leading at the half 35-14 and yet the final score was only 41-14. Now, I didn't watch the second half, but the score seems to say that OSU's defense tightened up but they still weren't able to score any points. Now, I'm sorry...but when you have a quaterback like Troy Smith that makes little sense to me...if WVU can come back and win against a Georgia Tech team after being dominated by Calvin Johnson and a back up quaterback, after losing there star running back and heisman candidate Steve Slaton, and watching their quaterback re injure the ankle which kept him from playing in the season finally aand other injure his neck and arm then the Buckeyes should have been able to come back against Florida and at least make it a game. Sure, Florida has a great defense but I still think that Ginn, Gonzales and Troy Smith should have been able to do something. Anyway, some final thoughts about this season and some questions which next season should answer:

-Bobby Petrino has left for the NFL along with Michael Bush, Urutia, and Douglass...so essentially Louiville has lost four of the big reasons they won the Big East, and they might loose a fifth. I really see little reason for Brohm to stay and if he does...well...it will be an interesting season. Honestly I'm more suprised the Bush is leaving instead of Brohm, I think the NCAA was going to let him stay as a fifth year senior since he got injured so early in the year and well...I thought it wouldn't be a bad move for him to return. Brohm I also see little reason to stay, I don't think Louisville will have a shot at winning a National Title next year but I could be wrong.

-Despite all that has happened...I still think USC is over rated...please feel free to call me a stubborn fool...

-South Florida is a Dark Horse in the Big East...don't be surprised if they win the Big East next year. They play great defense and so far, Slaton has yet to have a big game against them (and that's saying something).

-The SEC still doesn't have a dominate team. That's not really a bad thing but it also isn't a good thing. Sure the Gators won the National Title game but we aren't even 100% sure they played the best team in the nation...well...we aren't 100% sure now...

Now some questions:

-Was this year just a one time thing for Rutgers? (I have a funny feeling it was but hey...I've been wrong before...)

-Who will win the Heisman? (With McFadden, Slaton and Rice all returning along with a ton of other talented candidates it's really anyones game)

-How long until the BCS dies? (let's face it, a 13-0 Boise State team was the exact thing the BCS didn't need)
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby termyt » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:54 am

Peanut wrote: but I still think that Ginn, Gonzales and Troy Smith should have been able to do something

Ginn left the game a few minutes in and never returned. While that certainly hurt the Buckeyes, it doesn't explain their complete inability to move the ball on offense.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:57 am

Peanut wrote:Despite all that has happened...I still think USC is over rated...please feel free to call me a stubborn fool...

It's hard to say if USC was over rated or not. But, USC maybe the preseason #1 come fall this year and they could be in the hunt for National title next year.

-The SEC still doesn't have a dominate team. That's not really a bad thing but it also isn't a good thing.

The thing about the SEC is, its a hard conference to play in and alot of teams are catching up in the SEC. Years, Gators and Tennessee were the dominate teams in the east and LSU and Auburn in the west and that has change.

The state of Georgia and Fla is a hot bed for recruiting. Tenn use to beat out UGA in the state of Ga in the middle and late 90's. Now, Tenn has to recruit around the nation, because of the SEC teams that have a hold on recruiting in Ga.

Auburn gets alot of the good players from west side of Ga.

UGA and GT fight it out in recruiting in Atlanta and North Ga area.

UGA, FSU and Gators fight it out in recruiting in southern Ga.

UGA does try to get some kids from the state of Fla, but with Fla getting better and maybe a return of the old FSU. Kids from Fla are picking the Gators or FSU, with USF in the mix as well.

I'm not sure if there will be a team that will dominate the SEC anymore, but there will be some good teams in the SEC.

I feel that top teams in the SEC east and SEC west will or are:

Gators, Tenn and UGA. USC will be in the middle and Ky maybe on the rise.

LSU and Auburn will be the top teams in the SEC west.

Ark will here and there, but they just lost the offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn. The guy that came up with the wildcat formation for Ark and used McFadden alot.

Who will win the Heisman? (With McFadden, Slaton and Rice all returning along with a ton of other talented candidates it's really anyones game)

It will be Slaton or someone that was not on the list for the Heisman this year.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Previous

Return to General Entertainment