Star Trek Polls Part V: Enterprise

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Star Trek Polls Part V: Enterprise

Postby rocklobster » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:55 am

Ok, I know Enterprise didn't turn out to be as good as the hype, but I figured I might as well poll this one too. I remember actually thinking this would rock. I mean, Scott Bakula was in it? How could it suck? He was what made Quantum Leap so cool! But then the Borg came in...
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:22 pm

I would have gone for Sato except the fact that T'Pol is a Scots-Irish Vulcan!
Besides everyone knows that it wasn't really Captain Archer in command,it was really Dr.Sam Beckett who had quantum leapt into the life of Captain Archer who was really his ggg grandnephew or something like.I mean the evidence was when they had Al on that one ep.!
mitsuki lover

Postby Rachel » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:19 pm

I didn't like this one much because I despise Scott Bakula's acting. I watched it every once in a while because I thought the dude who played Trip had a really nice accent.
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:25 pm

Actually I thought it could have been better.I really think the 'continuity nuts'torpedoed any chance there was of making it into a good series by nixing any
mention of any previous Species like the Borg.I mean give me a break it took place 100 years before the original and 200 years before Next Gen.,DS9 and Voyager.Given the time between the series isn't it likely that they COULD have had
some contact with some of the species mentioned in the earlier series but that the information could have been lost or classified as Top Secret.I think that the later could explain why the Enterprise D is OFFICIALLY credited with making first contact with both the Borg and Ferengi.I.e.the fact that the Enterprise NX 01 may have originally made contact with the Ferengi may have been classified Top Secret and the later conflict with the Borg would also have been labeled as such.But also note the Ferengi are not named as such in the episode where they appear.In fact I don't believe they were named at all.
As far as the Borg went,it was just a logical conclusion to the First Contact movie.
Which btw creates a bit of a interesting cunundrum:When the Borg begin to exist?
mitsuki lover

Postby Rachel » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:25 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:Actually I thought it could have been better.I really think the 'continuity nuts'torpedoed any chance there was of making it into a good series by nixing any
mention of any previous Species like the Borg.I mean give me a break it took place 100 years before the original and 200 years before Next Gen.,DS9 and Voyager.Given the time between the series isn't it likely that they COULD have had
some contact with some of the species mentioned in the earlier series but that the information could have been lost or classified as Top Secret.I think that the later could explain why the Enterprise D is OFFICIALLY credited with making first contact with both the Borg and Ferengi.I.e.the fact that the Enterprise NX 01 may have originally made contact with the Ferengi may have been classified Top Secret and the later conflict with the Borg would also have been labeled as such.But also note the Ferengi are not named as such in the episode where they appear.In fact I don't believe they were named at all.
As far as the Borg went,it was just a logical conclusion to the First Contact movie.
Which btw creates a bit of a interesting cunundrum:When the Borg begin to exist?

Oh I agree, it definitely could have been better. When I say I watched it every once in a while I mean that I watched like every other week. And it was good, could have been wayy better though, I just don't like Scott Bakula. The way he played Captain Archer was just not good.

Rachel

Postby termyt » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:35 am

I think they torpedoed themselves when they started changing their own timeline. Time travel is a suspect plot device in any show, but when a show re-writes its own episodes, well, that makes it really hard to stay interested.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:36 pm

Did they ever reveal who that mystery man was that was shown in the shadows in the earlier episodes?
mitsuki lover

Postby Alice » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:01 pm

I never watched it. \o.o/

*wonders if she should have* xD...
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:58 pm

It was so/so in the end.Though the ending did have Riker and Troi from Next Gen. in it.
mitsuki lover

Postby Rachel » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:52 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:It was so/so in the end.Though the ending did have Riker and Troi from Next Gen. in it.

which made zero sense.

Rachel

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:02 pm

Actually it did.This was because in the series finale it was more of a Next Gen. episode in which Riker and Troi use the holodeck to recreate an important moment in the Enterprise NX 01's history.It was also the death of Trip episode.
I believe the episode actually happens during the Next Gen.episode 'Pegasus'
when Riker is trying to figure out how he's going to tell Picard about the Federation's experimental cloaking device that he was part of testing.
mitsuki lover

Postby HisaishiFan » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:25 pm

My friend's brother had a recurring role as a security officer. He finally got a few lines and a SAG card and the series got cancelled . . . sigh. Here's his web site, though: ImageDuncan K. Fraser
But even if we don't feel at ease, God is greater than our feelings and He knows everything. 1 John 3:20 :angel:

Delight in utter trust.
HisaishiFan

Location: Kentucky (formerly I would have said to think rain, but now you should think sweltering heat . . . a

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:11 pm

Yeah,it didn't reach the 7 season peak that STNG,DS9 and VOY did.I thought in the end what killed it was that it ended up being stereotypical Star Trek,when in the beginning they said it was going to be totally different from the other series.
mitsuki lover

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:55 am

None. Every time I started liking someone on this show the writers destroyed whatever was cool about them in the next episode.

Especially the last episode.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:07 pm

Well I rewatched Regeneration yesterday on the Borg collection DVD set and it wasn't as bad as I remembered it.I got to thinking that I probably would have liked Enterprise better if it weren't for the internet.
In any case I still think it could have been improved if a certain ex-drone could have made a guest appearance from the future..ah well..stuff of fanfic...
mitsuki lover

Return to General Entertainment