Happy Feet

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Happy Feet

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:57 am

So I went to see this the other day.

Overall, it was adorable. XD The penguins were so cute, I almost flipped. The soundtrack was great, and it was actually quite funny (Robin Williams was in it after all! ;) ). Still, there was something that kind of bothered me.

The agenda. Maaan, this movie had SUCH a huge agenda. XD I get so tired of watching movies expecting to be highly entertained, only to find out that that's not why people make movies anymore. :/ Also, the characterization seemed to be pointing something to Christianity (or at least Christianity the way most of the world views it). The main elder of this group of Emperor Penguins was definitely molded into this kind of legalistic-y pastor, and he and the other elders often used phrases like, "The great (whatever their penguin-god's name was) giveth, and taketh away!" There were a few more instances like that, with other lines similar to that, and it kind of just...bothered me, I guess. Most companies just don't make movies just for the sake of entertainment anymore, and I guess that makes me sad.

Not that I didn't enjoy the movie, though. I laughed really hard, almost cried because the little baby penguins were so cute (I swear, I wanted to hold one. XDD), and there were some really great lines! The acting was perfect, and I loved the little Latino penguins. XD

Anyways, for those of you who have seen this, what did you all think of it? :)
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby memmer66 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:27 am

[quote="Radical Dreamer"]So I went to see this the other day.

Overall, it was adorable. XD The penguins were so cute, I almost flipped. The soundtrack was great, and it was actually quite funny (Robin Williams was in it after all! ]

"I heard someone do that once but then they turned him over he was dead."
[SIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/Ryuketsu/battleroyale.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Best Beginning To A Review EVER: The fact that I watched this movie after eating poisonous mushrooms only went to enhance the realism :lol:
memmer66

Postby Kawaiikneko » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:19 am

I thought it was an adorably movie, although the "HUMANS ARE TEH EVIL!! XOMG!" was a bit deafening... Other than that, the penguins were adorable, the songs were fun, and it had a much better storyline than most animated movies today. I was also impressed with the actual animation, which looked like work had been done on it as opposed to some other kids movies they keep spitting out.
Kawaiikneko

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:55 am

I read that they used some of the same footage that was also shot for March of the
Penguins.
mitsuki lover

Postby TallasLint » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:14 pm

I went into the theater thinking that Happy Feet would be a very cute little kid movie, like Over The Hedge, or something, and I only wanted to see it because it featured penguins, because penguins are amazing. But I found that it actually had meaning, and made you think, and I like that about a movie, and it was just amazing, with all of the different penguins.

The first thing I noticed is that It starts out prettymuch as march of the penguins, from the penguin perspective, there were honestly parts straight out of the documentary, but hey, at least they didn't have to do much research.

Then I noticed that behind the cuteness there was a sort of religious society commentary, but I didn't feel it to be an anti-christian agenda. The council of penguin elders seemed to be more like the catholic church of the medieval times, bent against progress, not really representative of any present issue within the church. (and "Guin" was the penguin "god" I believe)

Then they had the environmentalist agenda. I wish they had advertised the movie as having environmentalist themes, or really any social commentary, because then I would have *really* looked forward to seeing it. I love movies with a point. Even if the point in Happy feet is blatent, at least it wasn't a movie made to mindlessly entertain, it was made to make a person think about their actions and what they believe, and I really like that about a movie.
Lint.
TallasLint

Postby beau99 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:05 am

This movie was amazing.

That's all I have to say.
beau99

Postby Tommy » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:51 am

The propaganda made the plot, but still I'm sick of people always donating an immense amount of money to save little penguins when we have starving children all over the world.

Other than that, the movie was a cute experience, even for my part.

Question: Were the humans CG or real?
Tommy

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:14 am

my mom and sister went to watch this movie. my sister loved it cause her favorite animal is a penguin. as for me, i haven't watched it yet. i didn't have a very good experience the last time i went to watch a penguin movie. *COUGH* march of the penguins *COUGH*
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:17 am

jon_jinn wrote:my mom and sister went to watch this movie. my sister loved it cause her favorite animal is a penguin. as for me, i haven't watched it yet. i didn't have a very good experience the last time i went to watch a penguin movie. *COUGH* march of the penguins *COUGH*

What, you didn't have a good nap or something? XD

I watched that movie...It was really boring until the baby penguins were born. They were SO CUTE. o_o Then they grew up, and I got bored again. XD Ah well.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby beau99 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:46 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:Question: Were the humans CG or real?

They were very real.
beau99

Return to General Entertainment