Deep Calleth Unto Deep -Part 1

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Deep Calleth Unto Deep -Part 1

Postby Simon » Wed May 24, 2006 8:03 pm

Deep Calleth Unto Deep

Psalms 42: 6-8
O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.

Part1
O my God, my soul is cast down within me:
O my God, the God of my salvation, the God in whom I’ve put my life, my soul feels empty. My emotions have given up on living. I didn’t know a person could be hit so hard and still be alive. My heart feels numb and I am emotionally dry and parched. I don’t think I was prepared for what I’m going through, but I know that you were prepared to bring me through.
therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan
So I’ll remind myself of what you did for me at Jordan. At a time when the river violently overflowed you told me to walk forward by faith and you split the waters beneath my feet. I wondered why you would cause it to overflow at a time when I needed to cross, but it’s because you drove out the beasts hiding in the bushes that would have kill me if the Jordan didn’t over flow. You used my trial to drive out the people and things in my life that would have killed me because you wanted me to make it to the land of promise (heaven), and you still do.
and of the Hermonites
I will remember you from the land of the Hermonites, when you gave me great victory over my enemies in the past. Why should I think you wouldn’t do the same thing for me now?
You may not think much of what’s on your heart to say to others in Jesus name, but Goliath didn’t think much of the little stone in young David’s sling either, that is, before David slung it...
Simon

Postby Anna Mae » Tue May 30, 2006 2:08 pm

Nice. I love personalized psalms. You should post this in the writing forum.
[SIZE="4"][color="DarkSlateBlue"]God has called me to mission work in Paraguay and Brazil. I may return to CAA someday. God bless all of you![/color][/SIZE]

[i]Two vast and trunk-less legs of stone stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand, half sunk, a shattered visage lies. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare the lone and level sands stretch far away. On the pedestal these words are inscribed:

“My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!â€
Anna Mae

Postby Linksquest » Tue May 30, 2006 2:23 pm

Wow! Very, very nice. I love how you took the real verse and then used that as a basis for this. I really like what you wrote. You write very well! Great job! :thumb:
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby Simon » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:28 am

Thanks for your encouragement Anna Mae, God Bless you.
And thanks linksquest, I appreciate your comment, and I give all glory to our God, Jesus Christ.
God Bless you guys.
You may not think much of what’s on your heart to say to others in Jesus name, but Goliath didn’t think much of the little stone in young David’s sling either, that is, before David slung it...
Simon

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth