What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:11 pm

Tommorrow I am going to reread Inuyasha #14.I've read all the new ones I just
bought and so have to wait until we get back to Spokane in order to buy some
more new ones.So until then I'll be reading through my manga stack again.
Fortunately it's up to about 26 volumes now.
mitsuki lover

Postby chimera189 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:46 pm

This week:
Hellsing vol.6
Reord of Lodoss War 1 & 2
chimera189

Postby Debitt » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:07 pm

struggling my way through Tactics 5. o_o; It's worth it, though. It's sooo much better than the corresponding anime episodes. (and that makes it good to the 42nd power)

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Indigo_Eyes » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:03 pm

Gakuen Alice volume 1.
When I had first heard summaries about the manga, it didn't really appeal to me enough to make me want to check it out more, but after reading on a message board people's thoughts on it and how much they liked it, I decided to give it a try. I actually saw the anime first, which is really weird considering that I don't watch that much anime at all and I just read a lot of manga. I discovered, like many before me, that it's a hilarious show/story with bishies for girls lol (but guys would like it too I think) and I recommend it ^^
I kind of like the anime better than the manga, but that might just be because I saw it first and read the manga second.
Indigo_Eyes

Postby Sparrowhawk » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:58 pm

Let's see, I just started reading manga not too long ago, so i'm trying to read a bunch. Megatokyo (all, need to catch up on the latest daily ones he puts up on the site), Card Captor Sakura (Spirit_Wolf recommended it, i think its pretty good, and i definitely like the art style of CLAMP, they are my favorite), *blushing very bad now because I have not found many guys who like CCS and none that read the one I'm about to name* Furuba (i bought it at first just to help learn how to draw!!! (i had practically no clue how a school setting looked like, uniforms etc) but then i started to like the comedy of it. I think it funnier than megatokyo, in a way, becuase its not just a comedy limited what can fit on one page), xxx holic (read all that are currently out), and last, my favorite, Tsubasa the Reservoir Chronicle (read all that are currently out). Well that's what I'm reading.
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

"The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say."
-Fellowship of the Ring, by JRR Tolkien

Postby mai » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:19 pm

Fruits Basket vol. 2
Shigure is as cute as ever *hugs*
My Website [online comic]

Do you find your self worried alot of the time about things that don't always make sense?

Are you experiencing any of these?
• Persistent feelings of sadness, irritability or anxiety
• Overreaction to irritations
• Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed,
• Sleep too much, or sleep too little
• Unexpected loss or gain of weight
• Tiredness or restlessness
• Slowed movement, thought and/or speech
• Guilt, low self-esteem, feelings of worthlessness
• Inability to concentrate and poor memory
• Loss of motivation
• Feelings of hopelessness
• Suicidal thoughts and/or behavior
• Withdrawal from relationships, anti-social behavior
• Physical aches and pains that seem to have no other cause

If you have a few of the symptoms on this list, you may be suffering from a form of clinical depression there are many sites that offer advice and help.
mai

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:21 am

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle Volume 3

I never read volume 2, but this one was available and I had a boring bit of time...
uc pseudonym

Postby mai » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:29 am

Dragon Knights vol.8
My Website [online comic]

Do you find your self worried alot of the time about things that don't always make sense?

Are you experiencing any of these?
• Persistent feelings of sadness, irritability or anxiety
• Overreaction to irritations
• Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed,
• Sleep too much, or sleep too little
• Unexpected loss or gain of weight
• Tiredness or restlessness
• Slowed movement, thought and/or speech
• Guilt, low self-esteem, feelings of worthlessness
• Inability to concentrate and poor memory
• Loss of motivation
• Feelings of hopelessness
• Suicidal thoughts and/or behavior
• Withdrawal from relationships, anti-social behavior
• Physical aches and pains that seem to have no other cause

If you have a few of the symptoms on this list, you may be suffering from a form of clinical depression there are many sites that offer advice and help.
mai

Postby Jasdero » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:03 pm

^o^/ Fruits Basket vol.8
Bleach vols. 5-6
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby AngelSakura » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:13 pm

Fruits Basket volume six - I'm not entirely sure this is the one I should be reading. I borrow some volumes from my friends to read them, and I only have three, so I get really confused as to which one is next. ^^;;

Excel Saga volume four - Ooh, I love Excel Saga. ^^ I haven't seen the anime, but I really like the manga. My favorite characters are probably Doctor Iwata and Nurse Fukuya, with the other Iwata and maybe Hyatt as runners-up.

Cromartie High School volume one - Actually, I just finished it. But it was good, and really funny, although Freddie scares me quite a bit... ( ..);;
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Kawaiikneko » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:14 pm

The numbers on the side are usually a good sign on which to read next angel =P (jk ^^; )

I just finished Dragon Knights 3 and 4 yesterday. Got them from a friend ^^ This story is very hard to follow. All the characters look the same @_@

I'm waiting for Hellsing to come into Barnes and Nobles >.< and as soon as I go out again I have to get DNAngel... so many books, so little money..
Kawaiikneko

Postby Aka-chan » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:09 pm

Flower of the Deep Sleep vol. 1
Aka-chan

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:31 pm

I just bought Banner of the Stars,Maison Ikkoku #5 and Inuyasha animanga #7
yesterday.Will read Banner of the Stars on Sunday.
mitsuki lover

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:15 am

Bleach Volume 5

I've enjoyed what I've seen of this series. It is a shame that Viz didn't put it with their Shonen Jump titles.
uc pseudonym

Postby kaji » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:04 am

Bleach Volume 4.

I like the art style. There is somthing about it that just feels really fresh.

-kaji
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Ichigo_89 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:04 am

Kenshin Vol.8

Must...have...more....Kenshin... > insert rabie drool<
Ichigo_89

Postby Kkun » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:20 am

Just finished Faerie's Landing #6, Thread's of Time #4, and Samurai Deeper Kyo #6.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby This is Song » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:27 am

I just read the 1st volume of HanaKimi, i got it for free cause Waldenbooks is having that buy 2 get 1 free manga sale. It's kinda cute ^^
This is Song

Postby kaji » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:18 pm

This is Song wrote:I just read the 1st volume of HanaKimi, i got it for free cause Waldenbooks is having that buy 2 get 1 free manga sale. It's kinda cute ^^
So, what were the other two you got?

-kaji
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Kisa » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:16 pm

aishiteruze baby
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby This is Song » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:01 pm

kaji wrote:So, what were the other two you got?

-kaji

Prince of Tennis 4 and Alice 19th 2 ^^ I keep meaning to read more of the Alice 19th series cause it seems pretty interesting, but other manga always catch my attention T_T
This is Song

Postby livewire » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:51 pm

I like a lot of different stuff like Naruto, For you in full blossom, Alice 19th, kare Kano and different stuff....
livewire

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:25 pm

Land of the Blindfolded vol. 2!! Yay!

AND AS A NOTICE TO ALL THOSE BUYING MANGA RIGHT NOW-- WALDENBOOK HAS A BUY 2 GET 1 FREE SALE!! Rock on!!
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby MasterDias » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:03 pm

How long does the sale last?
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Indigo_Eyes » Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:19 pm

I've just finished Fruits Basket 8 today, DNAngel 7, and Girl Got Game 8. This volume of Girl Got Game has both its good and bad moments I'd say.
Indigo_Eyes

Postby Kawaiikneko » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:17 pm

Today I just bought Bleach vol1, dnangel vol 7, and hellsing vol6~ yaaay~
Kawaiikneko

Postby MasterDias » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:00 pm

I picked up Rurouni Kenshin Volume 13, Eyeshield21 Volume 1, and Chrono Crusade Volume 3 from Borders.

I also got a free Viz's Sneak Peek volume 5 containing sample chapters of Full Metal Alchemist, Mar, Zatch Bell!, Case Closed, Midori Days, Kekkaishi, Happy Hustle High, Kare First Love, and Doubt!!

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:23 am

Full Metal Alchemist 1
Wolf's Rain 2
Imadoki 1,2,3
Land of the Blindfolded 2.

Darn buy two get one free deal. . . :lol:
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:03 pm

The first Fullmetal Alchemist is out already?

Meanwhile, I'm reading the most recent Shonen Jump.
uc pseudonym

Postby MasterDias » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:15 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:The first Fullmetal Alchemist is out already?

Yes. I saw it at Borders.

Meanwhile, I'm reading the most recent Shonen Jump.

Ah, yes. I got that a couple days ago.

MasterDias

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews