What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Aka-chan » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:11 pm

Issue 10 (2005) of Weekly Jump.

Kokoro Daisuke wrote:*fails arms in air* >o</ UNDER THE SPREADING CHESNUT TREE!

No more sugar for you. XD
Aka-chan

Postby nightblade » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:33 am

Mai-HiME
Ichigo 100%
Beck
Naruto
Bleach
Flame of Recca
Aishiteru ze Baby
Negima
Pastel
Open Sesame
Gacha Gacha

*Looks up at titles* Gosh I'm such a sap (I'm not tempted by a lot of the crap they put in manga ie. fanservice) for romantic/shoujo-ish mangas o_o;;
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen, not only
because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." -C.S. Lewis
nightblade

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:06 am

Man, I'm behind on my manga - I have two Shonen Jump issues to catch up on, and two vols. of Prince of Tennis...
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:11 am

Aka-chan wrote:Issue 10 (2005) of Weekly Jump.

No more sugar for you. XD

I wouldn't say that if I were you. You threaten the sugar and she might sick loin-clothe Kan-chan on you. *runs in horror*
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Debitt » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:14 am

Mangafanatic wrote:I wouldn't say that if I were you. You threaten the sugar and she might sick loin-clothe, plushie Kan-chan on you. *runs in horror*

:grin: Oh, you know it. *pets the plushie protectively*

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Aka-chan » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:32 pm

0.0 Didn't think of that... *throws Qoo at Kokoro Daisuke to appease the wrath of the Almighty Holder of the Loin Cloth-Clad Kan-chan*

I am, by the way, now reading Issue 12 (2005) of Weekly Jump...just so this post isn't completely offtopic, at any rate.
Aka-chan

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:14 pm

Got Case Closed #4,Yu-gi-Oh! #3 and Tenchi Moyu #1 yesterday.Also saw that
Inuyasha #20 is finally out.
mitsuki lover

Postby Jasdero » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:12 pm

Alichino vol.1
Fruits Basket vol.7
MODEL vol.5
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby Aka-chan » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:28 pm

W Juliet vol. 1
Aka-chan

Postby Kisa » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:48 pm

Tsubasa Wo Motsu Mono (those who bear the wing) scanlations by the same lady who did Fruits Basket ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Indigo_Eyes » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:40 pm

I finished President Dad vol. 2, and I have started on Neck and Neck vol. 2.
Indigo_Eyes

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:50 pm

KisaTohru wrote:Tsubasa Wo Motsu Mono (those who bear the wing) scanlations by the same lady who did Fruits Basket ^^

Be careful. I read once that some of Takaya-sensei's previous works were. . . well, that they weren't quite family entertainment. :sweat:
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby KazuValis » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:17 pm

hmmmm...currently I am reading Get Backers #4(I have to borrow them from a friend, lol.) and Neon Genesis Evangelion #8(from same friend). Hmm...I was getting Ranma 1/2 from the library, but I stopped at like #15 (see a patern here?). Wait, I DO own some! Peacemaker Kurogane #1 and #2, and waiting on #3!

edit: probably I'm not going to finish Get Backers, either. NGE and PK, on the other hand, I probably will. At least, PK. Everything else is a little more mature than what I like to read.
He who walks with integrity walks securely, but he who perverts his ways will become known.--Prov. 10:9

Image :rock:
KazuValis

Postby TrigunX89 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:50 am

I'm reading Ruroken 7, Bleach 2 and 3, GTO 1, and Chrono Crusade 1. :D
TrigunX89

Postby kaji » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:06 am

Just stared Bleach the other week (now on volume 3). Its pretty good. So far all the characters are very likable... In their own sort of way. ^_^

-kaji
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Steeltemplar » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:16 am

In the last week...

AI Love You
Oh My Goddess!
Ai Yori Aoshi
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Lone Wolf and Cub
Headbangers United

"There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"But even as Josue and Caleb declared that the Land of Promise was good and fair, and that the possession of it would be easy and pleasant; so the Holy Spirit, speaking by all the Saints, and our Blessed Lord Himself assure us that a devout life is a lovely, a pleasant, and a happy life." - from An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales

Loyal subject of Sakura-hime, the RP Princess.
CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby c-girl » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:16 pm

>^^<........ <-----(is waiting for Fruits Basket Vol. 8)

I'm also reading....

Kill me Kiss Me

Girl Got Game

Immortal Rain
I live to love and love to live! >^.^<
ImageImage
I am part of The No Group.. Group.. >"<.. >0.o<
~Real guys go for real down to Mars girls ~ "Roses" by Outkast
c-girl

Location: Omg! It's a flying bird!!! *runs away while you're distracted*

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:04 pm

Land of the Blindfolded
Hikaru no Go Volume 1

The former was better than I expected, but nowhere near as good as it could have been, given the premise. Also, it's wierd to read a volume with nearly as many unrelated stories as issues of the main story. The latter I didn't really read, but checked out to support manga at libraries (though I did flip through it to study Toya's hairstyle).
uc pseudonym

Postby Jasdero » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:55 pm

Bleach vol.1-4
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby enishi » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:13 pm

one piece volumes 1-5
ImageImage
Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com
enishi

Postby Ren_sama » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:29 am

Detective Ragnarok Loki #2
Peacemaker Kurogan #3
Megatokyo #1
Ren_sama

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:31 am

In the last couple weeks:
Yu-Gi-Oh! #3
Case Closed #4
This Sunday:
Tenchi Moyu #1:Alien Nation.Gotta buy Tenchi Moyu anime DVD one of these days as the manga is one of my favorites.
In Case Closed the other kids think Rachael is "Conan's" older sister also George has a bad habit of ogling her much to "Conan's" dislike and also mentions that
Rachael has big boobs.(Again to "Conan's" dislike.)
mitsuki lover

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:14 am

For Far Away 1-2
Hana Kimi 1

Mangafanatic

Postby Hitokiri » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:10 pm

Trigun Maximum 4, Love Hina 5-6
Hitokiri

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:52 am

Going to read Tenchi Moyu #1:Alien Nation on Sunday. :thumb:
Gotta love the wacky hijinks in the Masaki household! :lol:
Also until I find Dual! manga or DVDs it's the closest I'll get to it for a while.
mitsuki lover

Postby Elric_kun » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:04 am

Alichino vol.1
Immortal Rain vol.5
King of Hell vol.9
Elric_kun

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:27 am

Naruto Volumes 1-3

I've read these before, but I skimmed them with greater intent to examine how paneling and general pacing are used to tell as story, in addition to how one extremely popular series divides volumes and carries the story over such. Also, I read the most recent Shonen Jump quite some time ago.
uc pseudonym

Postby Hitokiri » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:12 am

Negima vol 4
Evangelion vol 9
Hitokiri

Postby mai » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:43 pm

Mega Tokyo vol.2
My Website [online comic]

Do you find your self worried alot of the time about things that don't always make sense?

Are you experiencing any of these?
• Persistent feelings of sadness, irritability or anxiety
• Overreaction to irritations
• Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed,
• Sleep too much, or sleep too little
• Unexpected loss or gain of weight
• Tiredness or restlessness
• Slowed movement, thought and/or speech
• Guilt, low self-esteem, feelings of worthlessness
• Inability to concentrate and poor memory
• Loss of motivation
• Feelings of hopelessness
• Suicidal thoughts and/or behavior
• Withdrawal from relationships, anti-social behavior
• Physical aches and pains that seem to have no other cause

If you have a few of the symptoms on this list, you may be suffering from a form of clinical depression there are many sites that offer advice and help.
mai

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:37 am

Naruto Volumes 4-5

See my above post, really. I skimmed these far more than the previous. One odd thing I noted: volume 5 is almost entirely about a paper examination, yet it uses more full page panels than any previous volume (the equivalent of 11). Hmm...
uc pseudonym

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews