What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Re: What Manga are you reading?

Postby MangaRocks! » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:28 pm

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime chapter 56: All I have to say is: <3 :hug: (...Well, that and LOL at Kiki :grin: , and SPOILER: Highlight text to read: YES-- IT'S ABOUT TIME we finally got another {'onscreen'} kiss! :thumb: ) I love this series. :)

Gin no Saji, a.k.a. Silver Spoon, chapters 103-104: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Haha, Okawa actually being sensible for once (although not necessarily for great reasons, LOL, but still...). :grin: Also, LOL at getting Mikage to invest. :grin: Anyway, the visit to the pasture farm was pretty interesting. And it's great to see them making real strides in building their business. (AND OH MY GOSH HIS FATHER SMILED!!! :pikka: )

Karneval chapter 81: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Oh crap-- invisible, mist-form, illusion-/reflection-/concealment-creating Varuga...?! :pikka: I'm looking forward to seeing how Tsukitachi can defeat them, though. Also, that was a nice little bit with Gareki and his resolve.

Pandora Hearts chapter 95: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Holy crap! Miranda Barma was the human who turned into Vincent's Queen Of Hearts chain!! :wow!: HOW THE HECK DID I NOT GUESS THAT?!! ...Also: NOOOOO, NOT VINCENT!!!!! (And especially not now, after he recanted his wish to die, and Leo even tried {in vain} to stop Oswald from harming him...) :?: :?: :?: (And if my reaction to that doesn't prove how fantastic this mangaka is at character development-- since, originally, I used to hate Vincent with a passion unequaled by much else, LOL-- nothing will!) Man, though, I can't decide whether I should hold onto any hope for him to survive that or not. :sniffle: Logically, I know I shouldn't, since when characters die in this manga, they tend to do so in the cruelest way possible for both themselves and those close to them, and that would certainly apply in this case. On the other hand, he *is* a Baskerville (even if of the "Ill-Omened" variety), so there should still be a possibility that he could survive... right? :S :?:

Spirit Circle chapter 25: ...Ha, wow. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Interesting backstory on what had happened (and is currently happening) in humankind's history and the facility. Also, yikes-- I was not expecting what was revealed in the backstory about Lapis' limbs, either. :pikka: And that last 'rain dream'... Can't wait for the next chapter!

Taiyou no Ie chapter 44.5 + the end-of-volume extras from a couple of vol.'s ago: The former was hilarious, LOL, even if it was non-canon. :lol: And the latter two were so cute... <3

Zetsuen no Tempest chapter 30: Weaving the different SPOILER: Highlight text to read: snake myths, legends, and symbols into the narrative was both quite clever and quite interesting. Also, I have to say I was *not* expecting SPOILER: Highlight text to read: this, LOL :grin: , nor how detailed that theory would be SPOILER: Highlight text to read: (even utilizing Clarke's Third Law); but this isn't the first time this writer has utilized SPOILER: Highlight text to read: aliens in his stories, and I actually rather like that twist, since I both love SPOILER: Highlight text to read: sci-fi and also think it was quite well-executed here (as it was in his other uses of it, too). Really looking forward to how that might get expanded upon/where it's going to go from here! :thumb:

And Kimi ni Todoke volume 19: This volume was just total cuteness. :grin: (...Well, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: until the end, that is... that was quite a surprise :pikka: , although it made for a nice cliffhanger. :) ) Oh, and I also really liked Pin's role in this volume (especially in helping Sawako see new possibilities), as well as the little talk Chizuru and Toru had. :)
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby CinniScrib » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:47 pm

Magi - Sinbad no Bouken 29

Bleach 589

Naruto 685

CinniScrib

Postby Mullet Death » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:28 am

Read from chapter 1 up to chapter 44 of Koe No Katachi in the last two days. Just couldn't put it down. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I haven't liked this Ueno person from the very start, and especially not after what she did and said on the ferris wheel. But now... Oh wow. Keep your hands off Shoko-chan!

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Kilvakar » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:26 pm

Bleach 589: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Well, anytime Urahara shows up it's awesome! I was hoping that Ikakku and Yumichika would get a win in this war, but it looks like Mayuri's got something up his sleeve, as always.
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby CinniScrib » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:27 pm

Fairy Tail 393
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Maaan that sucks! But at least Gray is making up with his dad. Weird how on his mom's grave it says Mika Gray when here their last name is Fullbuster. Gray Fullbuster. Guess it's a goof otherwise Gray's name before was Gray Gray :P Though his dad would be Silver Gray instead of Silver Fullbuster... whahwhe

Koe no Katachi 45
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: GO NISHI-MAMA! Also Shoko has her arm in a sling! Aaah! But the truth comes out about the dead things collection.

CinniScrib

Postby Kilvakar » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:11 pm

Fairy Tail 393: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Poor Gray, I hope Juvia beats the tar out of Keith!

Fairy Tail Zero 1: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: So, apparently most guilds were a bunch of dirt-bags back then... I guess I'm not clear on whether the guild was on Tenrou Island or if Mavis made her way there afterward, but a very interesting story so far. I'm actually really interested to see what Precht/Hades was like back then.

Fairy Tail: Ice Trail 1: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Again, apparently most older guilds were full of dirt-bags, hope Gray whips their butts too, lol! It's early, but I'm predicting that Nano Leaf is going to die, since this is a spin-off and she's not seen in Fairy Tail :(
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby CinniScrib » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:56 pm

Kilvakar wrote:Fairy Tail 393: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Poor Gray, I hope Juvia beats the tar out of Keith!

Fairy Tail Zero 1: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: So, apparently most guilds were a bunch of dirt-bags back then... I guess I'm not clear on whether the guild was on Tenrou Island or if Mavis made her way there afterward, but a very interesting story so far. I'm actually really interested to see what Precht/Hades was like back then.

Fairy Tail: Ice Trail 1: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Again, apparently most older guilds were full of dirt-bags, hope Gray whips their butts too, lol! It's early, but I'm predicting that Nano Leaf is going to die, since this is a spin-off and she's not seen in Fairy Tail :(

Fairy Tail Zero 1: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: This was a surprise to see he was doing a prequel manga as well! Poor Mavis! She does her best for the guild but really the master is a real scumbag. Given she owes him debt but he's all gushy over his daughter while he's brutal to Mavis who's determined to learn magic and do her best. Gotta love the Red vs Blue battle though.
The guild was apparently on that island as the version I read said "This all took place on Tenrou Island". Seems like the other guild invaded but perhaps got wiped out as well since they didn't take over the island. BUT MAKAROV'S DAD IS HOT. OH NO. Guess we know what genes Laxus got!

Fairy Tail Ice Trail 1 SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Yeah I think Nano is going to die or it's going to be dismissed as she's so far away Gray never sees her if she ends up in another guild or something.

CinniScrib

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:13 am

Pluto chapters 7-11

As usual, I find myself extremely fascinated with Naoki Urasawa's noses ._.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby nillapoet » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:54 am

I'm really enjoying Fullmetal Alchemist. I'm on volume 8.
nillapoet

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:03 pm

First six eight chapters of Pandora Hearts. I've put this series off for too long XD;; Though I'm not a huge fan of the huge info-dump it's given me so far ^^;;
Hopefully it can keep my interest piqued throughout (I'm not sure I'll ever catch up :lol: ). But so far I enjoy the characters a lot :) Especially Break & Gil ^-^
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:14 pm

Pandora Haaaaaaaaaaaaaatsu!!!!!!! Panda, you're wonderful! Don't give up on it! Yeah, it's pretty crazy to begin with, but I guarantee you'll like it if you stick with it.

That said, Pandora Hearts Chapter 95
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Yeah, this one was rough. A part of me was still clinging to the hopes that there was some drastic Pandora Heartsish loophole that kept Break alive, but it's just wishful thinking at this point. *sigh* Again, we all saw it coming and it would have been okay, except they had to make him want to keep living at the last second. That just...yeah.

MangaRocks! wrote: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Also: NOOOOO, NOT VINCENT!!!!! (And especially not now, after he recanted his wish to die, and Leo even tried {in vain} to stop Oswald from harming him...) :?: :?: :?: (And if my reaction to that doesn't prove how fantastic this mangaka is at character development-- since, originally, I used to hate Vincent with a passion unequaled by much else, LOL-- nothing will!)

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I know what you mean. I never thought I'd actually want Vincent to survive. For the longest time I would have been glad to see him gone. I think a big part of it was how much Break hated him, and I'm always one to side with Break. But then Break yelled at him for wanting to die, and that messed up my whole thinking. XD As far as whether he survived...I think that whole thing with Echo is gonna be relevant, but I guess it might just be for her to see him dying, because Pandora Hearts.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby CinniScrib » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:30 pm

Nanatsu no Taizai 86

Kuroshitsuji 95

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:35 pm

Magi 232
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Poor Sheba!! D8 I don't get the "old" Solomon at the end though. The guys are like "SOLOMON" but we see his youthful spirit????

Shaman King Flowers 25
So the magazine that it's currently running in is ending. FUN! It's hot potato with this series given there was the original first chapter before this version of the story came out. Then it moved to a new magazine and rebooted. Wonder where it'll end up. It was just getting good!

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:18 pm

Pinocchio 72

CinniScrib

Postby Ryosuke » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:05 pm

I know its a manwha but HOLYLAND is awesome and re-reading it. for those who love character growth and realistic fight scenes, please read!
~*~Blessedly married to Okami!~*~
Ryosuke

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:26 pm

Now on Pandora Hearts chapter 21.
So...I can't put this manga down at all...

Cheshire was cute :) <3
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Thunderscream872 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:54 am

Read up to chapter 6 of vol. 1 of Until Death Do Us Part. Seems pretty cool so far.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:19 am

Panda4christ:3 wrote:Now on Pandora Hearts chapter 21.
So...I can't put this manga down at all...

Cheshire was cute :) <3

Pandora Hearts! You are now in the realm of my favorite manga. ^-^ And yay! Cheshire!
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Cat96 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:25 pm

I'm currently staying with my grandparents, and they bought me the three-in-one books for Fullmetal Alchemist. I now have 1-6 (two of those books). Buying them three-in-one is a much better deal, as the books cost $10 each and each three-in-one cost $15. I just finished volume three. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Manga is way too awesome! Wait, why am I putting this as a spoiler? :grin:

I also recently finished volume 10 of Black Cat. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I love it when Train became a little kid!
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby CinniScrib » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:34 pm

Koe no Kitachi 46

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: *grates teeth together* UGH THAT GIRL! "oh how nice flowers. now shove off" yeah like you have any power to decide what you can and can't do with Ishida. Acts like a spoiled brat/possessive girlfriend. I hope Ishida tells her off once and for all when he gets better. She's so toxic and leechy. Keeps trying to put Shoko down. GRR

Bleach 590
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: THE SUDDEN UNLEASHMENT OF POKEBALLS. BUT BEST THING EVER! THE ARRANCAR!! I seriously hope Grimmjow reappears. That was the biggest "what the crap happened? Is he dead or near death?" end of a battle ever. The way Ichigo put him down after the fight you can tell he didn't want to kill him and after that surprise attack he is severely injured. But there's no clear "he dead" so: IS HE DEAD? D8 He was such a popular character I hope he pops up again. I think he will (I HOPE SO) because as people pointed out it looks like that's him talking back in chapter 500 where a rude voice yells it heard Ichigo and Urahara has Chad and Inoue chase him away (you see the sleeve of his outfit and only Grimmjow had his sleeves like that)

Naruto 686
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Announcements for the last movie!? Well that's a surprise! But OBITO. UUUGH. D8 Glad you made peace and you can now join Rin but ;~;

CinniScrib

Postby GeneD » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:33 am

CinniScrib wrote:Koe no Kitachi 46

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: *grates teeth together* UGH THAT GIRL! "oh how nice flowers. now shove off" yeah like you have any power to decide what you can and can't do with Ishida. Acts like a spoiled brat/possessive girlfriend. I hope Ishida tells her off once and for all when he gets better. She's so toxic and leechy. Keeps trying to put Shoko down. GRR

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I'm so desperately impatient to see Ishida and for Shoko to see him. And yeah Ueno... I'd say she needs to be slapped but well, we know that doesn't work.
GeneD

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:37 pm

Pluto chapters 12-23

Ooooh, the plot thickens! And I gotta say, I never thought I would hate/fear a teddy bear so much ._.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby CinniScrib » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:50 pm

Fairy Tail 394
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I love that Juvia took Keith down in one chapter. Just, there was no match. She just BOOM takes him out though she's so torn about it since now Silver "dies". But now Gray has a gift from his dad! YAAAAY!

CinniScrib

Postby AnimeGirl » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:16 am

Kitchen Princess, Vol.1

This is so cute. I usually don't like cutesy shoujo very much, but these are one of those exceptions, like Kimi ni Todoke was, and has landed in a special place for me. It's the genuine, heartful kinda sweet~
AnimeGirl

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:53 pm

So, my library suddenly has some volumes of Fairy Tail. I have now read the first three volumes of said series.

Now I know what all the cool kids are talking about. :cool:

A good read, If I get the chance to I'll read more.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby CinniScrib » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:19 pm

Taiyou no Ie (House of Sun) 1-6

Just found this, don't know if I'll stick with it but it's cute!

CinniScrib

Postby Kilvakar » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:30 pm

Fairy Tail 394: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Yes!! Juvia beats Keith, and another Tartarus demon is outta here! I wonder if Gray's Ice Demon Slayer magic is going to be permanent? I'm glad to see him get a new power, but his Ice-Make magic is already so cool (no pun intended!) I would hate to see him just using the typical Slayer attacks from now on. But there's the tattoo on his arm, maybe it's just a temporary thing like when Cana got Fairy Glitter?
Image Image

Kilvakar

Postby scribbledreamer » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:22 am

Recently finished Strobe Edge: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: This was fun to marathon, but I have a feeling I would have enjoyed it less if I had read it over the course of time. I mean, the love triangle was good enough and it was entertaining, but besides the slight sub-plot with Daiki, there wasn't much else to the plot. Andou was a lot of fun, though, and Ren was really sweet. But...I seem to always like the opposite guy in the love triangle. Always. :shady:

Isshuukan Friends 20: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: That was adobrale. And the costumes were hilarious.(Also, Hase scaring the guys who were talking about Kaori... :lol: ) Such a cute chapter, from the haunted house, to the maze, to the end. I really love their innocent give-and-take. She holds his hand, he comforts her. It's not much, but it's the smallest gestures that mean so much. Part of the reason why I love this. (Though I was kind of hoping he'd hug her at the end. Close enough. :P)

I'm also reading Bakuman, Mixed Vegetables, and Oresama Teacher.
scribbledreamer

Postby CinniScrib » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:53 pm

scribbledreamer wrote:
Isshuukan Friends 20: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: That was adobrale. And the costumes were hilarious.(Also, Hase scaring the guys who were talking about Kaori... :lol: ) Such a cute chapter, from the haunted house, to the maze, to the end. I really love their innocent give-and-take. She holds his hand, he comforts her. It's not much, but it's the smallest gestures that mean so much. Part of the reason why I love this. (Though I was kind of hoping he'd hug her at the end. Close enough. :P)

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I just read it too and I agree with you! They're just too cute though the constant loss memories has to be exhausting for Kaori along with the realization she won't remember. 8( It gets tiresome for Hase but he wants to help her out and he likes her. They're so cute though!

Nanatsu no Taizai 87
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: AAAH seriously I don't think Meladios can die though. But he's not answering questions and Ban's purpose in life is to resurrect Elaine. can't remember if he ever realized that Elaine is King's sister, or if King knows that Ban was with her.. Been too long. Anyone else read the series and remember?

BLIND MäRCHEN 1-13
Just found it! It's cute! A nice manhwa!

CinniScrib

Postby Mullet Death » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:55 am

Read the three chapters of "Recollection" available on Crunchyroll. Amnesia stories are way overdone, but this artist is fantastic and it looks like as long as belief in God is treated respectfully (the being following our protoganist around calls himself "God") that this will be interesting regardless.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews