What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Re: What Manga are you reading?

Postby CinniScrib » Tue May 06, 2014 11:52 pm

Naruto 675

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: That whole deal with Rin has been so sketchy from the beginning. It wasn't clear and it's still not very clear. But some how she was to become the threetails' host and had Kakashi kill her? Seriously how much longer until it's flat out explained?

CinniScrib

Postby black & white angel » Wed May 07, 2014 2:42 pm

+ Anima vol.1
I make it a policy not to second-guess my instincts. Life's more fun that way. ~Train Heartnet
black & white angel

Postby faithb4sight » Wed May 07, 2014 4:39 pm

black & white angel wrote:+ Anima vol.1

From what I remember, that was a cute series. I read The Palette of 12 Secret Colors around the same time and liked that, too ~ Not much to worry about content-wise for either, if I remember correctly ~
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby black & white angel » Wed May 07, 2014 6:24 pm

Loving + Anima so far,Just started on vol.2
I make it a policy not to second-guess my instincts. Life's more fun that way. ~Train Heartnet
black & white angel

Postby CinniScrib » Wed May 07, 2014 9:55 pm

Bleach 579

black & white angel wrote:Loving + Anima so far,Just started on vol.2

+Anima was a great series! It slipped my mind but I remember it! I wish it had an anime, it was an interesting concept. Though I can't believe the series Psyren never got an anime. That thing was awesome and had everything the current popular shonen series have...

CinniScrib

Postby GeneD » Thu May 08, 2014 6:16 am

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou ch. 62 SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The shop gets destroyed by a typhoon and I feel strangely devastated and haven't been able to read much further yet. When did I get so invested in this?
GeneD

Postby black & white angel » Thu May 08, 2014 3:26 pm

Elemental Gelade vol.1
black & white angel

Postby CinniScrib » Sat May 10, 2014 12:14 am

Noragami 39

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Yato is so stupid, haha. Yukine went bonkers! BUT I HAD A FEELING THAT KID WAS BAD NEWS! Uuugh now I feel dirty knowing he kissed Hiyori!

CinniScrib

Postby black & white angel » Mon May 12, 2014 3:23 pm

Rurouni Kenshin vol. 1
black & white angel

Postby Mullet Death » Mon May 12, 2014 3:34 pm

Started up "Orange" the other day. Not many chapters out, but it's pretty good so far.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Mon May 12, 2014 9:17 pm

Silver Spoon chapters 99-101

Good fun as always, especially with Minami-Kujo. I also found myself drooling a little over all the guys' muscles, especially Hachiken. I think it's great that such a nerdy, brainy sort of character has gotten so dashingly good-looking after all this physical labor :cool:

I've also started reading the Ocarina of Time manga. Some parts are pretty cool, but I strongly disagree with the interpretation of Link, and it feels like it's moving too fast. But then, that's something common to all of the Zelda manga I've read so far.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby CinniScrib » Tue May 13, 2014 12:31 am

Magi - Labyrinth of Magic 224

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Love learning the history of the world! Though I will flip if Aladdin ends up being the son of Solomon. It would make sense, he'd be an anomaly, born from two great magicians which is why he's an odd number of Magi in his current world (but is from the old). But so far that's what he's been this whole time though if Shiba does end up with Solomon, a kid may happen. Or else the world ending will occur and all Solomon's friends will become genies and Aladdin is created at some point... too much to speculate on.

Seiketsu no Haguruma 24-25

AH. I'd found this manga months ago but forgot it's name! Basically a story to kill time.

CinniScrib

Postby black & white angel » Tue May 13, 2014 9:10 pm

Naruto vol. 1
black & white angel

Postby CinniScrib » Tue May 13, 2014 10:40 pm

Koe no Katachi 36

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: It really concerns me with the final words at the end of the chapter. Something big is about to happen?

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso 1-13

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: So sad about his mom but she really pressured him to please her. Beating your child when they get it wrong? Hmm. Her being sick doesn't excuse excessive discipline. Gotta love the running gag that Kousei doesn't go a chapter without having a bloody head.

CinniScrib

Postby black & white angel » Fri May 16, 2014 2:55 pm

Naruto chapter 9
black & white angel

Postby CinniScrib » Fri May 16, 2014 9:05 pm

Fairy Tail 384

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: AAAH SO SAD! Seriously I guess Aquarius can never be summoned ever again by ANYONE? Who makes the keys? I hope there will be something in the future where they look for a way to fix the key/get a new one made. I mean Aquarius was always rude/abrasive to Lucy but she helped her out. Just terrible that had to happen 8(

Nanatsu no Taizai 77

CinniScrib

Postby KazeShiki » Sun May 18, 2014 3:48 am

Love So Life chapters 1-87. Well I sure picked the worst time to marathon this.
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby GeneD » Sun May 18, 2014 11:01 am

KazeShiki wrote:Love So Life chapters 1-87. Well I sure picked the worst time to marathon this.

Why's that? Hiatus? Cliffhanger? The premise sounds like the set up of a cheap Mills and Boon romance book, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt that there's more to it than that.

I just marathoned about 10 chapters of Ouran, up to ch 81. I might be in some sort of shock now, although in a good way. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The emotional whirlwind of Hani and Mori graduating, the Souh family drama and Haruhi and Tamaki finally getting together was a lot to process in basically one sitting.
GeneD

Postby KazeShiki » Sun May 18, 2014 5:15 pm

GeneD wrote:
KazeShiki wrote:Love So Life chapters 1-87. Well I sure picked the worst time to marathon this.

Why's that? Hiatus? Cliffhanger? The premise sounds like the set up of a cheap Mills and Boon romance book, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt that there's more to it than that.

Yeah cliffhanger for like the first time in the entire series. Honestly, the romance is a bit weak but manages to not be as bad as it sounds; the familial love aspect is done decently as well but can be sort of sporadic. This is like Soredemo with the time-skipping thing too as so far it covers over a year of manga-time. Also, if you like kids being super adorable, there's plenty of that.
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby CinniScrib » Sun May 18, 2014 9:39 pm

Kyokai no Rinne 184-187

It'd be awesome if this got an anime, even just an OVA since this series doesn't really have arcs like Ranma 1/2 and Inuyasha had. Takahashi Rumiko has had other series be animes, I hope this one catches on...

CinniScrib

Postby GeneD » Mon May 19, 2014 5:27 am

KazeShiki wrote:Also, if you like kids being super adorable, there's plenty of that.

Since catching up with Yotsubato! there is a distinct adorable kid shaped hole in my manga lineup, but there's other stuff I would probably read first when I decide to start something new.
GeneD

Postby black & white angel » Mon May 19, 2014 3:22 pm

Black cat vol.2
black & white angel

Postby CinniScrib » Tue May 20, 2014 5:27 pm

Magi - Sinbad no Bouken 25

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Hinahono finally put those bangs out of his eyes! HE'S SO CONFIDANT NOW! NEW PERSON! (He pulled a Violet from the Incredibles)

Magi 255
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Poor Ugo, will he ever find the right one!? And even if he does they will be separated when he becomes a genie :(

BUT OBVIOUSLY SOLOMON AND SHIBA'S BABY IS ALADDIN. He looks just like them and just with everything, makes sense of his magical power and why Ugo babysat him. Plus with Aladdin looking so young!

Kuroshitsuji 93

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Will this be resolved in the next chapter? Probably not!

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Wed May 21, 2014 1:35 pm

Koe no Kitachi 37

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Crap I bet it's going to come out some how that's why it's all "he had no idea what'd happen". But she's forgiven him and he's trying to be a better person. Yeah it was a loser move to do in the first place as a brat but he's not the same person. If everyone who has no idea about his past gets bent out of shape I'm sure he's old classmates namely Sahara will be like: It was in the past and he's sorry. He's been forgiven and he's trying to make up for that now.

Just give me the next chapter!!

Bleach 581

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Wow it's been how many chapters since Ichigo has shown up? Meanwhile Kenpatchi is near death but he still has his reiatsu eyepatch suppressor on! Here he took it off once before (I believe it was the first fight against Ichigo) but not now when he's in worse shape. Just not thinking about it? Took weak too or a pride thing? Or plot hole? Haha. Either way Ichigo will shave his butt!

Naruto 677

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Well that's creepy! Everyone hanging from the trees.

CinniScrib

Postby black & white angel » Thu May 22, 2014 2:01 pm

Fullmetal alchemist vol. 1
black & white angel

Postby CinniScrib » Sat May 24, 2014 1:40 pm

Fairy Tail 385

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: So is Aquarius gone for good? I mean she should still exist in the Celestial world but I guess her powers to be used in the magician world are up for grabs. Is Lucy the new Aquarius? Or it's temporary power? Either way, GO LUCY!

CinniScrib

Postby black & white angel » Sun May 25, 2014 3:58 pm

Pita-ten vol. 2
black & white angel

Postby CinniScrib » Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm

Nanatsu no Taizai 78 & 78.5

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Finally completed the arc! Though does this count as the first arc of the manga? But yeah I had a feeling about the Goddess clan's request!

Noragami 40

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Kazuma is such a good guy. Meanwhike Fujisaki.... AAAAH NO NO. Just nasty he really is Yato's "father" with his youth (well possessing a kid) but really creepy how he wants to stalk Hiyori and wear her down to like him. Just. No. No.

CinniScrib

Postby CinniScrib » Mon May 26, 2014 2:44 pm

Aphorism 47-57

(I'd lost track of where I left off. Need to backtrack again)

CinniScrib

Postby LastLfan » Mon May 26, 2014 3:56 pm

Sword art online aincrad
LastLfan

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews