What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby onecool_girl » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:26 am

AnimeGirl (post: 1356627) wrote:I finished reading Manga Messiah. Is there a sequeal to it?? I really liked it. Some of the parts were done and made so emotionally, I actually almost cried at some parts. It was amazing to see the story of Jesus in this format.

Now that I am done with that....

Now I just need to pick up the first volumes of Yobatsu&!, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, and Dream Saga! I might even check out xxxHolic, since it concides with Tsubasa. And I loved the anime of Angelic Layer, I heard the manga is awesome too! Man, I got alot to read....

Yes there is! :grin:
It's called Manga Metamorphosis! :thumb:
AND! I was googling the first to figure out the spelling of the second book and they are planning more :dizzy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga_Bible_(series)#Volume_list
"The truth ain't like puppies, a bunch of them running around, you pick your favorite. One truth, and it has come a knockin'." - Emerson Cod (Pushing Daisies)
onecool_girl

Postby wildpurplechild » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:45 pm

+Anima vol 2-6, it keeps getting better! I feel bad for Husky though, cause he's made fun of a lot.:P
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby Lilac#18 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:32 pm

Sailor Moon: vol. 1 - chapter 2 - Act 2 - Ami - Sailor Mercury
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby blkmage » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:13 pm

So I started Bokura ga Ita. It seems very Kare Kano-esque, except that the characters are not very likeable, the development of the relationship is worse, it contains some shoujo tropes that I hate, and I'm not very sympathetic at the characters' troubled pasts. So far, it is basically making me wish I were reading Kare Kano again instead.
blkmage

Postby MasterDias » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:34 pm

Buso Renkin: I finally finished this. It was enjoyable, but not exceptional. Additionally, the rather extensive author's notes included in each volume made for a pretty good read. I liked the Embalming oneshot included with Volume 10. It was darker than virtually anything Watsuki had done previously.

This in turn got me re-interested in his current serialization of Embalming so I caught up with the translated chapters. So far, it has been interesting. Still feels largely in character introduction mode, although I'm liking Elm and Ashuhit's plotline somewhat more than Fury's. I'm sort of assuming hardly anyone's reading this since I don't hear much about it on the web. The stalled translations might be partially at fault...
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby blkmage » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:52 pm

To my great delight, someone has been translating Mudazumo Naki Kaikaku, or The Legend of Koizumi. It's a mahjong manga featuring real world leaders (with the main character being Koizumi Junichiro, former Prime Minister of Japan) who play mahjong as means of negotiating. It is filled with hot-bloodedness and political satire, which is totally my kind of thing.
blkmage

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:16 pm

Somewhere in the middle of One Piece vol. 11. Fish guy just got his butt kicked.

One Piece is the only place I've seen where two guys with nine swords between them can have a sword fight, and use all the swords at the same time. And stuff like that is pretty much why I'm reading it.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:48 pm

Master Dias wrote:Buso Renkin: I finally finished this. It was enjoyable, but not exceptional. Additionally, the rather extensive author's notes included in each volume made for a pretty good read.

We are of the same opinion on all those accounts. Regarding Embalming: given that there's not very much of it, I don't have any particular comments regarding the storyline. I have a few concerns about how its progressed so far, but it could well defy my expectations and develop the story's elements.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:39 pm

I'm about to begin Thousand Years of Snow volume 1. Lets see about Hatori's other works.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby AnimeGirl » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:04 am

I just started on Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles and xxxHOLIC. This'll be the first time I will actually follow a manga of an anime I watch! Just read all of the first volume of Tsubasa. It was pretty good, still love the way the anime did it though. Guess 'cause I watched it first XD Oh well, nice to see a slightly different version of the same event I guess. And I started on reading volume 1 of xxxHOLIC. When I skipped through it, I reconized alot from the anime episodes!

I think I will highly enjoy these series!
AnimeGirl

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:41 pm

Bleach vol. 28
One Piece vol. 22
Steel Ball Run vol. 14

You know, the more I read One Piece, the more it grows on me. I just wish Shank's crew showed up more often.
Fish and Chips

Postby crusader88 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:56 pm

More than halfway done with Marmalade Boy; next up is volume 6.
...you must begin a reading program immediately so that you may understand the crises of our age... Begin with the late Romans, including Boethius, of course. Then you should dip rather extensively into early Medieval. You may skip the Renaissance and the Enlightenment. That is mostly dangerous propaganda. Now that I think of it, you had better skip the Romantics and the Victorians too. For the contemporary period, you should study some selected comic books.

-Ignatius J. Reilly, in John Kennedy Toole's A Confederacy of Dunces, 1960s

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
crusader88

Postby blkmage » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:11 pm

Saitama Chainsaw Shoujo is shorter and more confusing than Negative Happy Chainsaw Edge.
blkmage

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:32 pm

Inumimi
Derek -The Daring Pokemon - A cool, totally awesome Pokemon that uses his power of song, medical skills and powers of cool to make others see things differently. He is not temperamental, but he likes to pull pranks and grins when you fall into his traps. Usually, he styles a fedora and prances around on all fours, he's all black with a white belly.

"Although I look into infinity. I only see the lords eyes, always shining upon my face and smiling in my heart. He will always be with me, no matter where I may go. Always watch over me lord. For I shall be eternal in your light."-Derek.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Postby wildpurplechild » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:17 pm

Chapter 76 of FMA. Man, I gotta catch up with this series.
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:43 pm

Read some of Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE today.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby That Dude » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:12 pm

Read some Dr. Slump.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:21 pm

I finally got around to starting 20th Century Boys last night. Digging it so far!
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby That Dude » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:28 pm

Blitzkrieg1701 (post: 1358160) wrote:I finally got around to starting 20th Century Boys last night. Digging it so far!

That's a great one!
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:22 pm

Vagabond vol. 13-15

It's Sasaki Kojirō time.
Fish and Chips

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:53 pm

At Frail Dreams reccomendation, I've been readin D. Gray-Man. It's pretty good so far, I like the atmosphere.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby wildpurplechild » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:03 pm

Chibi Vampire vol 1-2. Pretty interesting, though I don't think I'll continue reading the series, because I'm worried it could get bad fast.
wildpurplechild

Postby yukoxholic » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:05 pm

Crimson Hero Volume 9
yukoxholic

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:01 pm

Yotsuba&! 6. Finally.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:03 pm

Still reading 20th Century Boys (in Vol 3 right now) but I also just stumbled onto a really weird, but interesting collection of horror shorts called Fuan no Tane. Good creepy fun!
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Postby wildpurplechild » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:37 pm

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1358546) wrote:Yotsuba&! 6. Finally.

I know how you feel, it tooh FOR EVER to come out! My sister got it for me for my b-day! I liked it, but the new translations are a lot different, like Yotsuba refering to herself in 3rd person.

I just finished the +anima series, oh why is it so short, I loved it!
wildpurplechild

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:15 am

Wow. I actually finish 20th Century Boys the other night. That took, what, a WEEK? I freaking DEVOURED that thing...
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby wildpurplechild » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:45 pm

Read vol 2 of Darren Shan manga, I think this one was the vampire's asistant. It was alright, I'll keep reading them, because I want to see the movie :P
wildpurplechild

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:20 pm

Currently reading Soul Eater volume 1.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby ScalpelFactory » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:38 pm

Just started reading D. Gray-Man. It's going slowly, and the appearance of Allen's hand freaks me out, but I like it.

Model, Volume 5, Ch. 5
Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler, Ch. 26

Reread Vol. 1 of Godchild.
-{Bifauxnen Extraordinaire}-
-{My Cosplay LJ}-
MOES - Sig heil!
WE TAKE OUR DULLAHANS PRETTY SERIOUSLY AROUND HERE.
ScalpelFactory

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews