What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby That Dude » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:48 pm

I started Bloody Monday Season 2.

Just read some "Detective Conan" and "Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch" and "Beauty Pop."

Also reading through "20th Century Boys." Awesometastic!
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby onecool_girl » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:31 pm

1/2 Prince
"The truth ain't like puppies, a bunch of them running around, you pick your favorite. One truth, and it has come a knockin'." - Emerson Cod (Pushing Daisies)
onecool_girl

Postby Song_of_Storms » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:22 pm

onecool_girl (post: 1352309) wrote:1/2 Prince

[SIZE="1"]I love that series! >w<

Legend of Zelda: Four Swords vol. 1 ~ 2

Yu Yu Hakusho vol. 2

Lucky Star vol. 1

Kimi ni Todoke vol. 1 [/SIZE]
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby onecool_girl » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:25 pm

Song_of_Storms (post: 1352418) wrote:[SIZE="1"]I love that series! >w<

Legend of Zelda: Four Swords vol. 1 ~ 2

Yu Yu Hakusho vol. 2

Lucky Star vol. 1

Kimi ni Todoke vol. 1 [/SIZE]

Yeah, I just started it a couple days ago and I have already caught up :sweat:
Any similar manga you could recommend?
"The truth ain't like puppies, a bunch of them running around, you pick your favorite. One truth, and it has come a knockin'." - Emerson Cod (Pushing Daisies)
onecool_girl

Postby blkmage » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:15 pm

Song_of_Storms (post: 1352418) wrote:Kimi ni Todoke vol. 1

It makes me happy that someone else is reading this.
blkmage

Postby Fio » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:30 am

Am now reading One piece vol 14 , and just started readind Skip beat! online.
The path of the 3C: Coffee, Cookies & Computer.
Fio

Postby blkmage » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:49 pm

So, the first real (non-pilot) chapter of Magical Chronicle Lyrical Nanoha Force is available in the English language. See, it's not Magical Girl anymore because the main character is a guy. Also, let's be honest, we've been moving away from Magical Girl and have gotten closer to Magical Tactical Squad since Nanoha StrikerS. Unlike Nanoha ViVid, this looks it'll be have an actual story like A's or StrikerS rather than being Vivio's adventures. There's not much connection with the characters we're familiar with yet, although we get a page with Fate and Teana. Other than that, the main character's device is a gunblade which I find is pretty lawl.

This reminds me, I need to go listen to and/or read StrikerS Sound Stage X (and maybe A's Sound Stage?).
blkmage

Postby yukoxholic » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:33 pm

Haruka: Beyond The Stream of Time Volume 4
yukoxholic

Postby Blacklight » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:41 pm

I just today have read the very last of Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle.
I'm just glad that I didn't cut off when the story was getting confusing, if I had, then I would be like :shady::hits_self;
Instead I guess I can say that the series was somewhere between okay/decent and pretty good. The series was too frustrating past the middle, but it had recovered most of the way nearing the end.
Still confused about many things, but that happens with me.
(I would warn everyone though, if you're reading it/gonna read it, I would recommend either A. Stopping past about vol 13, or B. Finishing the WHOLE thing. Both ways have their frustrating-ness though.)

Read the last chapter of Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles.

[spoiler]
Not really happy that it's left so open ended - quite the bittersweet ending. Sakura being separated from everyone is sad. The clones and Watanuki's endings are sad. BUT Syaoran, Fai and Kurogane are still traveling together. And I've been thinking all this time: if only they don't do some huge mind bending reveal that Fei Wong is really Watanuki or Doumeki from the future, I'll be happy. Of course, xxxHolic is still ongoing, so we have no idea what'll happen there (personally, I'm hoping for a full, and happy, resolution to all storylines...). I guess I'll just have to keep reading, right? Sigh...geez I hope xxxHolic doesn't take too much longer!!
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]And yes, the ending was sad, but Mokona's earring IS supposed bring them back to Clow sometimes, and there was that thing about the clones' "souls" living in the "Tsubasas", but I agree, and I've been wondering whether I should start reading xxxHolic in case it might clear up some stuff in the story, but I don't know if I'm really going to do it...[/spoiler]

And I feel about the same as when I finished watching Witch Hunter Robin, even though, they are NOT to be compared. They both had that kind of ending where you have to just guess what comes next. *Sigh*

On a different note,
I decided to request Pet Shop of Horrors and Man of Many Faces from the library as well. (PSoH has not arrived yet though, and I've got MoMF vol. 1 among others.)
[color="Blue"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color]
[font="Book Antiqua"][color="DeepSkyBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color][/font]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[color="Pink"]chatbot 03:36 - Blacklight asks, are you sane?
My answer: It's hard to say, really.[/color]
Blacklight

Postby onecool_girl » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:17 pm

[quote="Blacklight (post: 1353002)"]I just today have read the very last of Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle.
I'm just glad that I didn't cut off when the story was getting confusing, if I had, then I would be like :shady::hits_self]

I am reading it right now, and I have only read up til vol. 5, I am just wondering what you meant by "frustrating". In terms of story?
onecool_girl

Postby Blacklight » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:04 pm

onecool_girl (post: 1353019) wrote:I am reading it right now, and I have only read up til vol. 5, I am just wondering what you meant by "frustrating". In terms of story?

Well, just be prepared for a bunch of confusing moments from about vol. 14/15 on, after vol. 13, I just started reading the scanlations, but I got pretty impatient during that area of the story(which is the main reason I was so frustrated, but if I'm more specific, there'd be spoilers), some sad stuff, some stuff that makes you go, "What is going on here??", but the ending pretty much clears it up for the most part (I think), it's not neccissarily an entirely cheerful sort of ending, but it's not a "worst series ever, don't read it" ending either.

Heres just an example of my POV:
So, I'm the kind of person who likes the ending to be specific, but also wants the ending to be a good one, but I also prefer an ending that leaves you to figure out what happens next, to a BAD ending.
The thing is, I am more like a person who wants to hear the story instead of make it up myself, but in some cases, I can be okay with it;
in other words, even though the ending doesn't specify every detail, I can figure it out for myself, which I don't usually like doing.

So, I had more complaints about the ending of say, Rozen Maiden than with say, Tsubasa and Witch Hunter Robin.
Maybe it's because I write my own stories and don't feel right writing parts someone else's story; I'm just wierd though, don't listen to me.:P

Long story short, Tsubasa: Reservoir Choronicle's ending: pretty good if you're willing to be open and figure that what you want to happen for the characters, really can happen in the story.
[font="Book Antiqua"][color="DeepSkyBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color][/font]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blacklight

Postby onecool_girl » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:10 am

[quote="Blacklight (post: 1353046)"]Well, just be prepared for a bunch of confusing moments from about vol. 14/15 on, after vol. 13, I just started reading the scanlations, but I got pretty impatient during that area of the story(which is the main reason I was so frustrated, but if I'm more specific, there'd be spoilers), some sad stuff, some stuff that makes you go, "What is going on here??", but the ending pretty much clears it up for the most part (I think), it's not neccissarily an entirely cheerful sort of ending, but it's not a "worst series ever, don't read it" ending either.

Heres just an example of my POV:
So, I'm the kind of person who likes the ending to be specific, but also wants the ending to be a good one, but I also prefer an ending that leaves you to figure out what happens next, to a BAD ending.
The thing is, I am more like a person who wants to hear the story instead of make it up myself, but in some cases, I can be okay with it]

:lol: Sounds like my kind of story (which is a good thing, since I bought the volumes myself :sweat: ). I am just about finished Fruits Basket, but I would recommend it to you (if you haven't already read it :P )
onecool_girl

Postby wildpurplechild » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:48 pm

Just finished the first manga volume of Cirque du Freak. It was pretty good, I read the actual book before the manga, and they kept it pretty much the same.
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby Blacklight » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:29 pm

onecool_girl (post: 1353053) wrote::lol: Sounds like my kind of story (which is a good thing, since I bought the volumes myself :sweat: ). I am just about finished Fruits Basket, but I would recommend it to you (if you haven't already read it :P )

Thank you, I actually am reading Fruits basket currently, I'm on volume 17 and have 17 and 18 from the library.

(Oh, and I think I should also have mentioned to be prepared for the story to get darker, there is also more violence and blood since about volume 12 or 13 on.)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blacklight

Postby onecool_girl » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:17 pm

Blacklight (post: 1353126) wrote:Thank you, I actually am reading Fruits basket currently, I'm on volume 17 and have 17 and 18 from the library.

(Oh, and I think I should also have mentioned to be prepared for the story to get darker, there is also more violence and blood since about volume 12 or 13 on.)

Yeah, I kinda watched the OVA (which gives away a bit of the plot :sweat: ), so I know about some of the violence. Thanks for the warning :thumbsup:

I am on vol. 21 of Fruits Basket! It's getting *really* good :thumb:
onecool_girl

Postby -Frail-Dreams- » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:51 am

D.Gray-Man volume 6.
(\(\
(^_^)
(_(")(")
This rabbit is "Bread", he is called "Bread", because he is a bun-ny.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
I love Jesus more than anything else. W00t!
I agree with Lady Kenshin, it is okay to be a fanfiction author.
-Frail-Dreams-

Postby Wyntre Rose » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:06 pm

Blacklight (post: 1353002) wrote:[spoiler]And yes, the ending was sad, but Mokona's earring IS supposed bring them back to Clow sometimes, and there was that thing about the clones' "souls" living in the "Tsubasas", but I agree, and I've been wondering whether I should start reading xxxHolic in case it might clear up some stuff in the story, but I don't know if I'm really going to do it...[/spoiler]

I'd recommend reading xxxHolic, honestly. You may not "technically" need to read it to understand everything in Tsubasa (though, for myself, I can't imagine trying to keep them separate, there's so much crossover) but it will clear up some things, and personally, I think I'm enjoying xxxHolic more overall. There were things I loved about Tsubasa, don't get me wrong, but xxxHolic really found a place in my heart. Odd, because I never intended to get into xxxHolic at all - since the movie for xxxHolic was in a set with the Tsubasa movie, I watched it on a whim, and totally got sucked in...clever marketing strategy!!
Wyntre Rose

Postby wildpurplechild » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:10 pm

Finished first vol. of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It was ok, but I don't plan on reading any more because of the fanservice, and... other stuff...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:23 pm

Billy Bat vol. 2
Great Teacher Onizuka: Shonan 14 Days vol. 1-2

Slow reading lately. Maybe I should pick up Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou again.
Fish and Chips

Postby Blacklight » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:48 pm

Wyntre Rose (post: 1354070) wrote:I'd recommend reading xxxHolic, honestly. You may not "technically" need to read it to understand everything in Tsubasa (though, for myself, I can't imagine trying to keep them separate, there's so much crossover) but it will clear up some things, and personally, I think I'm enjoying xxxHolic more overall. There were things I loved about Tsubasa, don't get me wrong, but xxxHolic really found a place in my heart. Odd, because I never intended to get into xxxHolic at all - since the movie for xxxHolic was in a set with the Tsubasa movie, I watched it on a whim, and totally got sucked in...clever marketing strategy!!

I see, thank you, I think I will read it anyway... the only real problem I've had with starting to read it is that it's still ongoing... I try to read more complete series than ongoing, but then, as it turned out, some of the series I thought were complete, were still ongoing, yet I read them anyway.
So, it's on my list.:)

I've got Magic Knight Rayearth vol. 4, and in the library catalogue, it says that there's a vol 5, but it also says that it's "unavailable for request"... so, I'm going to have to live with that for now...

I decided to read Kingdom hearts II, and have vol. 1 with me now,(to)
and Fruits Basket 17, 18 and 19,(17 have, 18 am, 19 to)
Magic Knight Rayearth 4, (to)
Pet Shop Of Horrors 1,(have)
Ouran High School Host Club 7,(to)
and Death Note 7.(to)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blacklight

Postby Cloud500 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:53 am

Fish and Chips (post: 1354224) wrote:Billy Bat vol. 2
Great Teacher Onizuka: Shonan 14 Days vol. 1-2

Slow reading lately. Maybe I should pick up Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou again.

I hope someone licenses Billy Bat soon. I'm really enjoying Urasawa's work.
Cloud500

Postby Lilac#18 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:00 pm

Sailor Moon - Vol. 1 - Act 1 - Chapter 1
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:30 am

Finished Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch and started Kingdom Hearts and Full Moon wo Sagashite.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Nami » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:29 pm

Bakuman - Chapt 27 page 11.
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby ich1990 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:22 pm

Steel Ball Run vol. 3-4

I will be honest, this series is weirding me out.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby blkmage » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:58 am

Have I mentioned how great Soul Eater is and how much better the manga is than the anime? Chapter 67:
[spoiler]So Killik is going around punching the clown with Fire and Thunder but he decides he's going to need to use a chain resonance. So Fire and Thunder become people, sprouting out of his hands, holding on to one of Patty or Liz as guns and shoots the clown, while having Kim stabilize him by shooting her flamethrower behind him. AWESOME.[/spoiler]
blkmage

Postby wildpurplechild » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:51 pm

Read vol. 1 of +Anima, and so far I like it. Among other things, Cooro's goggles are a great touch to his outfit. :)
wildpurplechild

Postby Dr.Faust » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:15 pm

i need to get the last of xxxholic, any one here read higurishi
Check out my boy's art: http://www.arttronik.com/
Dr.Faust

Postby onecool_girl » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:28 pm

Dr.Faust (post: 1356549) wrote:i need to get the last of xxxholic, any one here read higurishi

0_0 I read a bit of it but it freaked me out
onecool_girl

Postby AnimeGirl » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:12 am

I finished reading Manga Messiah. Is there a sequeal to it?? I really liked it. Some of the parts were done and made so emotionally, I actually almost cried at some parts. It was amazing to see the story of Jesus in this format.

Now that I am done with that....

Now I just need to pick up the first volumes of Yobatsu&!, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, and Dream Saga! I might even check out xxxHolic, since it concides with Tsubasa. And I loved the anime of Angelic Layer, I heard the manga is awesome too! Man, I got alot to read....
AnimeGirl

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews