Head Phones President

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Head Phones President

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:45 pm

Anyone here of this band?

I got addicted to their music last year after researching Japanese heavy metal for my Asian Popular Music course.

They are a female-fronted metalcore/heavy metal Japanese band. A lot of their music shows a progressive change which is interesting. They also incorporate various other types of music styles into their music.

I picked up two of their cds while in Japan (other then that you gotta get them imported). However, I uploaded the album "Vary" on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HitokiriB I would suggest listening to: Wandering, Puppet, Abiso, Star, Sacrificed, and Fight Out. The last two has a good amount offensive language in them but they are still good songs IMO.

Please be advised if you are freaked out by offensive language, I would avoid them. They do drop f-bombs a lot in a lot of their music. However, if you can get past that, they are a very good band with a lot of talent and potential.

The lead singer, Anza, has an amazing range of vocals to soft, lullaby type ballads to screeching, high-pitched banshee screams. Interesting to note that she played Sailor Moon in the Sailor Moon musicals and she also does J-pop type music.
Hitokiri

Return to Jam Session